X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gethin
    replied
    Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post

Oh yeah, that's a given with either one. I assumed hattrix's problem was that he's living out of market, not that he cut the chord. Either way, r/nhlstreams should get the job done for blacked out games.

I'm surprised that Reddit hasn't been sued out of existence given the number of streaming links for pretty much any sporting event in the world on there

Not that I'm complaining mind you....

Leave a comment:

• dogzus
    replied
    Using NHL.tv is just like using a DVR. You can watch the game whenever you want, live or recorded. The only difference is that they record it, not you. You can pause, jump back, jump ahead, etc.

Since I'm on the west coast, most Flyers home games start at 4PM my time, and I want to watch later. So the DVR-like functionality is perfect for me.

The archive on these kind of services can be a nice feature too. You could possibly watch past games that happened before you were a customer. For NHL.tv it looks like a couple of years is it. Not sure why they limit it so much.

Leave a comment:

• PinkFloydFreak87
    replied
    Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
    I've used center ice probably for the last 10 yrs, but it looks like NHL.com might be cheaper? I want to be able to see all Flyers games and be able to DVR them if I can't watch live so I can watch it at my leisure .... . That's kind of what I'm looking for. I get MSG as part of my cable (Optimum) so I see all NYR NJD, and NYI home games.
    If you need to DVR and center ice gives you actual tv channels to dvr then you probably need to stick with that. NHLTV doesn't integrate into channels in any way. You log in with a username and password on a computer or phone and use a device to cast it to a tv. I don't think there would be any way to dvr it.

Leave a comment:

• Hattrix
    replied
    I've used center ice probably for the last 10 yrs, but it looks like NHL.com might be cheaper? I want to be able to see all Flyers games and be able to DVR them if I can't watch live so I can watch it at my leisure .... . That's kind of what I'm looking for. I get MSG as part of my cable (Optimum) so I see all NYR NJD, and NYI home games.

Leave a comment:

• PinkFloydFreak87
    replied
    Originally posted by dogzus View Post
    Main caveat I did not see mentioned above is that you'll need a VPN if you want to watch all the games same day. The Flyers have about 30 games a year that get broadcast "nationally" on NBC Sports which are subject to the 48 hour blackout no matter where you are in the US.
    Oh yeah, that's a given with either one. I assumed hattrix's problem was that he's living out of market, not that he cut the chord. Either way, r/nhlstreams should get the job done for blacked out games.

Leave a comment:

• dogzus
    replied
    Have been using NHL.tv (formerly gamecenterlive) for 7-8 years now. It has definitely gotten better. The experiments with commercials seem to have failed so you rarely see them. The streams are less flaky than they used to be. They still use a flash based player if you are using a computer and a browser. They really need to move to HTML5 and things should be a bit better still. The mobile app is a native player (no flash) and is much better, but I hardly ever want to watch on a small screen.

Main caveat I did not see mentioned above is that you'll need a VPN if you want to watch all the games same day. The Flyers have about 30 games a year that get broadcast "nationally" on NBC Sports which are subject to the 48 hour blackout no matter where you are in the US.

Leave a comment:

• HerbGreen
    replied
    I was concerned that Roger's here had exclusivity but it doesn't appear so.

Leave a comment:

• PinkFloydFreak87
    replied
    Originally posted by HerbGreen View Post
    Thanks for the info Pink.
    No problem. NHLTV has a pretty decent amount of info. Looks like xbox and ps4 have nhl apps for tv, as well as chromecast and amazonfiresticks and stuff.

https://www.nhl.com/subscribe#devices

Leave a comment:

• HerbGreen
    replied
    Thanks for the info Pink.

Leave a comment:

• PinkFloydFreak87
    replied
    Originally posted by HerbGreen View Post
    Ok question I don't have cable at all and my internet is through a smaller company. I live in Ontario and have had Center Ice when I did have cable. Does NHLTV work without having cable?
    I don't know how different it might be in Canada but NHLTV is totally independent of cable in the US. I use NHLTV and the only ways I even know of to access it are my phone and my computer. My TV is connected to my computer via an HDMI cable and essentially functions as a giant computer monitor when using NHLTV.

I think PS4 and Xbox might also be used to run NHLTV through your TV, but not sure about that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X