X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hattrix
    started a topic Center Ice or NHL.com

Center Ice or NHL.com

Living where I do, NYR, NYI, and NJD games would be blacked out, but I'll see them on the MSG network... So no issues about missing games.

Which service should I order to watch the games?
    Does NHL.com have a DVR option?

Can anyone give their Pros/Cons?

• dogzus
    replied
    Starting to wonder if the stutter is browser related. Even though I used Chrome for everything else, for games I'd been using Firefox for a long time as Chrome could be weird with its built-in Flash.

With the Flash requirement gone I finally got around to watching a couple of games on Chrome and they seemed smoother.

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied
    Originally posted by dogzus
    What size screen are you watching on? I've got a Mac Mini hooked up to a 65" TV, which makes even small glitches pretty obvious.

Individual frames are clear, it's just that when the camera is moving fast the jump from one frame to the next is noticeable. I am not sure I buy their 60fps claim.

Surprised to hear you are having issues with having to redo the setting to hide the scores. They made that setting persistent a long time ago and it still works for me. Makes me wonder if something is happening with cookies for you.
    Iím not watching on a big screen could be why it looks so good and smooth .... in running a windows 10 desktop on a 24 inch screen with HDMI.

Ok Iíll check and see whatís up with my
    Cookies ....

Wonder if itís a windows bug as you say you are on Mac and have no problems ....

Whenever I watch on my
    iPad or on the shield I donít have the problem with the scores showing .... only on my damn desktop which has ruined my viewing entertainment numerous times over the past several years lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dogzus
    replied
    What size screen are you watching on? I've got a Mac Mini hooked up to a 65" TV, which makes even small glitches pretty obvious.

Individual frames are clear, it's just that when the camera is moving fast the jump from one frame to the next is noticeable. I am not sure I buy their 60fps claim.

Surprised to hear you are having issues with having to redo the setting to hide the scores. They made that setting persistent a long time ago and it still works for me. Makes me wonder if something is happening with cookies for you.

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied
    I just watched the Isles Flyers game last night ... Iíve been a bit behind in my viewing ... I gotta say WOW ... the broadcast looked the best it has ever looked on the desktop ... no blurry no stuttering ... CRYSTAL CLEAR ... I donít think it auto skipped the commercials for me .

When I start a game the night itís being played I always expect it to join live in progress even though itís not supposed to .... so I purposely avoid looking at the screen and muting it and then I automatically rewind it to the beginning .

Even though Iíve got my settings to hide scores, on the desktop, it ALWAYS come up with the scores shown ... so once again when I go to play the game the night itís being played I kinda look away and the first thing I do is toggle the hide scores selector again.

Iíve complained to them about this bug which I would guess is a SIMPLE fix ... and they havenít fixed it for two years ... FRUSTRATING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dogzus
    replied
    It's pretty beta right now.

Got burned today when I brought up the game just before 1PM PST, and instead of the stream starting at the beginning of the broadcast, like it has done by default all year, it joined the live post-game where Clement immediately said something that spoiled it for me before I could stop it.

The stream used to start at the moment when the on-ice crew started. These last few have started with lengthy dead air, then the entire pre-game show. I suppose that's nice if you want to watch it, but it makes it a bit tedious to find the spot on the timeline when the puck drops.

The bit that automatically skips the commercials only does so during periods. It takes a few seconds but it works pretty reliably. It doesn't skip through the intermissions though.

Who knows how much this will change before next season. It should wind up making things better overall but they have made some bone-headed management decisions in the past, so it is hard to say.

Leave a comment:

• clumsysnake
    replied
    dang, cool. excited to try the web client again. I'd basically sworn it off because of ad and playback issues.

Leave a comment:

• Hattrix
    replied
    I've been religiously turning to bilasports nhl link within the reddit NHL streams. It can get pixelated now and then, but it's been reliable. I just miss recording the game and watching it an hour or so into it.

Leave a comment:

• dogzus
    replied
    Tonight had quite a surprise in store when I brought up nhl.tv to watch the game. They have *finally* introduced a video player (for the browser) that does not use Flash!

The quality of the picture is noticeably better, and it uses like half the bandwidth to boot. You still see a little bit of stutter if the camera is panning across the ice quickly, but most of the time it is about as smooth as over the air HD, which it never was before.

Then it really blew my mind when a commercial break came, and the player automatically skipped ahead to where the broadcast resumed. The stream also didn't freeze a single time during the broadcast, so I was starting to feel spoiled.

So, yay. It's about damned time.

Leave a comment:

• Hattrix
    replied
    Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post

You can't watch the actual channel using xfinity.com away from the account address, but you can download the NBCsports App on your phone or tablet and watch all flyers and sixers games using your xfinity login anywhere. (You can cast them to your TV)

Also, as Gethin said, r/nhlstreams works just about as well as the NBCsports app.
    Oooh .. . Gonna try that tonight! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X