Couts reinjures his knee, per Hockey Buzz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couts reinjures his knee, per Hockey Buzz

"Flyers center Sean Couturier recently reinjured his right knee in an offseason hockey game. The newspaper stated that Couturier has returned to Philadelphia to meet with Flyers team doctors...."

Read the article at:

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill...-More/45/94428
    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Ungood, but we can hold out hope he's ready by the start of the season with that timeframe.

I'm more worried how innocuous (non-contact) it was, is the risk for re-injury high once he comes back.

Comment

Would suck if he wasn't able to go for opening night. This team needs to come out of the gates flying this year. No more sub 500 hockey to start the year.

Comment

Not good for a guy who's not a great skater and lacks speed.

I believe this might be his 3rd knee injury (two this year)?

Hextall has come out and said he will wear a brace, no surgery required and will be out for another 4 weeks.

During camp he will start off with no contact etc and worked up. Hopes he can play an x-game or two before season starts.

The season hasn't even started and I already hate it...

Comment

I dunno. I feel like knees are fixable nowadays. groins/backs/shoulders are the shitshows. not too worried.

Comment

At least its not a concussion or a high ankle sprain.

Comment

I'm with niittyzus

Comment

Hextall said that Couturier will wear a knee brace when he returns to the ice. The GM said that he does not believe that the Selke Trophy finalist is now at greater risk for knee issues but said the organization recommends knee braces for all players and that Couturier shouldn't have any issues with playing with one.
                https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill...njury/45/94434

See, I always wondered about that bolded part in the above snippet... If I was an athlete I would look like RoboCop with all the braces I would want to use. Considering how much money is involved, I don't understand why players don't take advantage of braces more for preventative measures. I mean, technology the way it is now, braces shouldn't be that intrusive on performance anymore correct or are they still?
                Last edited by Tim Kerr #12; 08-23-2018, 01:13 PM.
                Philadelphia Flyers #1
                Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Kerr #12 View Post
                  Hextall said that Couturier will wear a knee brace when he returns to the ice. The GM said that he does not believe that the Selke Trophy finalist is now at greater risk for knee issues but said the organization recommends knee braces for all players and that Couturier shouldn't have any issues with playing with one.
                  https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill...njury/45/94434

See, I always wondered about that bolded part in the above snippet... If I was an athlete I would look like RoboCop with all the braces I would want to use. Considering how much money is involved, I don't understand why players don't take advantage of braces more for preventative measures. I mean, technology the way it is now, braces shouldn't be that intrusive on performance anymore correct or are they still?
                  So true...but i guess its a comfort thing. When you hockey players without helmets in pregame warmups, with pucks flying...or offensive lineman not wearing knee braces when an accident is just waiting to happen...you have to wonder if these guys are thinking things through properly.

Comment

I have never understood why hockey and football players do not wear a simple knee brace with one hinge on the outside. They are custom measured, made of light titanium and are easy to get used to. It should be an easy choice to protect ones career.

Comment

Working...
                    X