X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyers are favoured by refs at home

According to the latest from Travis Yost:

https://www.tsn.ca/on-team-disciplin...home-1.1162240

I tried reading that article, but it just went way over my head (similar to most analytic articles)...but if the stats say that we are favored...i'm surprised.

Comment

Story proves that sometimes, numbers are just numbers. They dont always accurately tell a story.

Comment

Every teams home fans think they are jobbed and the refs are against them. Same is true in football.

Comment

I agree CLJ. Up here in Montreal...I hear it all the time when the Habs lose. And from my POV, I see these French refs favoring the Habs all the time.

Comment

Recently, our penalty diffs have been great. We've come a long way from the Briere/Hartnell stick-throwing ball-spearing days. Since Hak came (not sure if its his doing) i've been very pleased with our discipline and dont think the refs have jobbed us at all.

This data just shows that a delta exists. It doesn't explain WHY... Yost is just assuming its officiating bias, with no data. Teams play different on the home vs the road, this could be just another way they play different.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
              Recently, our penalty diffs have been great. We've come a long way from the Briere/Hartnell stick-throwing ball-spearing days. Since Hak came (not sure if its his doing) i've been very pleased with our discipline and dont think the refs have jobbed us at all.

This data just shows that a delta exists. It doesn't explain WHY... Yost is just assuming its officiating bias, with no data. Teams play different on the home vs the road, this could be just another way they play different.
              I'm assuming you are referencing Hartnell throwing his glove and Briere spearing Ovechkin in the balls. The Hartnell thing was laughable but happened once. The Briere ball spearing incident happened when he was with Buffalo, unless I'm forgetting one that happened when he was with Philly.

Comment

In regards to the article, I really want to yell out; BULLSHIT!!
                Philadelphia Flyers #1
                Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Originally posted by dsl135 View Post

I'm assuming you are referencing Hartnell throwing his glove and Briere spearing Ovechkin in the balls. The Hartnell thing was laughable but happened once. The Briere ball spearing incident happened when he was with Buffalo, unless I'm forgetting one that happened when he was with Philly.
                  Briere speared all the time

My point is we used to take a lot of penalties, and we deserved them. Particularly Briere & Hartnell took tons of minor penalties, way more than they drew. There are reasons we have a good penalty diff right now.

Comment

I like the discipline that Hak has demanded of his roster and that Hexy has, probably, demanded of LV. I think it's helped us win games and be in games that, in the past, we would have easily lost.

Add in our young talent and I think we're in good shape.
                    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Working...
                    X