2018-2019 Schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-2019 Schedule

Opening on the road against Vegas. Playing them again less than ten days later. Combination of western travel to start and some teams they don't always do well against.

They had better show up ready to compete in the early games or they could dig a hole pretty quick.

Only 16 games slated up front for "national" broadcast (NBC,NBCSP), along with the given blackout restrictions. That number tends to increase during the season though as the networks get an idea of which teams are doing well and would make for good matchups.

This year is make or break for Hak, so he better have this team firing to start the year. Really curious to see how the final lineup plays out. Thought the Flyers had a pretty good road trip to start the year last year apart from a few gaffs.

Comment

That schedule sucks. Heading west early in the season, means late start times for the fans and for a team the comes out of the gate slow, this could mean trouble. I agree, Hak's got to show something this year. This teams ready to start turning the corner.

Comment

Honestly I think starting out west is better than doing it mid season. They can head out there early and get used to the time change and over the travel. It also acts as a start of season bonding trip for all the guys that made the team to get to know each other again and begin the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
          Honestly I think starting out west is better than doing it mid season. They can head out there early and get used to the time change and over the travel. It also acts as a start of season bonding trip for all the guys that made the team to get to know each other again and begin the season.
          Team bonding at the chicken ranch ? Nothing can go wrong in Vegas. Wouldn’t be surprised if they went to Death Valley or Havasu

Comment

Hit some Utah National Parks

Comment

Now you're talking. If Hextall and Hak can't keep this team away from the bars and clubs in Vegas before the start of their season then either those players need to go or the coach does. This year is far too important to start off poorly.

Comment

Wasn't last year ridiculously lopsided though as well? We played 80% of our "western conference" games before February.
                Agree with Vedder that the bonding helps, but I do like it better mid-season. It's a good way to step back and solidify the good, and demand a trade of the bad.
                "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
                  agreed, i think its a good thing. bond right out the gate, less pressure early than playing at home.

Comment

Working...
                  X