Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yzerman steps down

https://www.tsn.ca/yzerman-steps-dow...over-1.1171171
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Sounds like he wants more time with family. He did an amazing job with that team and set them up for the future.

Comment

Cannot say I blame Yzerman for stepping down. Commuting from Detroit to TB for one year would cause significant strain on a family, so I cannot imagine what 8 years would do.

I gained respect for Yzerman by prioritizing his family enough to step down.

My gut is telling me we’ll see him in the Motor City when Holland’s contract expires in 2 years.

Comment

Isn't it strange that the family would want to stay in Detroit rather than move to Tampa?

Comment

does he have kids in school? maybe he doesn't want to have to keep moving his kids around if they have roots.

Gonna be a big blow to TB though. He seemed to have a really keen eye when it came to trades and contracts.
          "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

very weird imo. he's at the top of his profession and about to win a cup. i bet he'll regret it in a year.

Comment

Can't add much more than what you guys have already said. Hope he enjoys his time with his family.

Comment

Working...
              X