No announcement yet.

Karlsson traded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we know SJ is stacked and Ott will suck for a while. I'd have sent ghost and some ancillary peices like what San Jose coughed up just to see how much closer this team was...you could always deal him as a rental at the deadline and recouo your investment.

Comment

Ottawa definitely lost the trade, but looking at the conditions on the picks you can see that they (either Melnyk or Dorion) ruled out sending him to an Eastern conference team, so that reduced value. If Karlsson is intent on going to UFA, that hurts value as well.

That said, Ottawa still loses this horribly.

Comment

Conditions are only on 2 of the 4 picks Ottawa recieved.

I'm willing to wait before I call this a loss for Ottawa.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Oh this should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
            We could have easily made a better offer. But glad we didnít.
            The fact that there's a conditional 1st if he signs in the East makes me think Ottawa was pretty dead set against trading him in the East anyway.
            Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
            Official Facebook
            Official Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

The Sharks picks, especially with Karlsson in the fold are going to be extremely low per round.
              Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post

The Sharks picks, especially with Karlsson in the fold are going to be extremely low per round.
                Knowing now that they intended on trading him as early as the start of last year, how in gods name do you make that first round pick this year with the possibility of getting Hughes next year, or another top end talent. Not that Tkachuk isn't good but they could have a similar player (or better) next year in the worst case scenario they lose the draft lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
                  So we know SJ is stacked and Ott will suck for a while. I'd have sent ghost and some ancillary peices like what San Jose coughed up just to see how much closer this team was...you could always deal him as a rental at the deadline and recouo your investment.
                  No one would be giving up anything close to Ghost at the deadline if they're adding Karlsson for a Cup run, so I don't really think you'd recoup your investment.

Comment

Originally posted by dsl135 View Post

No one would be giving up anything close to Ghost at the deadline if they're adding Karlsson for a Cup run, so I don't really think you'd recoup your investment.
                    With the contract he is signed to I would say Ghost is as or more valuable than Karlsson. Yes Karlsson is probably the best dman in the league or top 3, but that will cost you 10+M to re-sign. We will likely have both Ghost and Provo signed for less money than Karlsson's next contract.

Comment

...plenty of teams doing solid drafting and rebuilds with late in round draft picks... including our own..

Sanheim 17th, Konecny 24th, Frost 27th, Hagg 41st, Gostisbehere 78th..

..but yeah forgive me for reserving judgement til all the pieces play out...no one can do anything
                      with picks outside the top 12...
                      Last edited by Rev_Bully; 09-14-2018, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X