It's going to be a LONG season!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alxhj View Post
    I don't think the Flyers wouldn't have extended Morin, if they thought he wasn't worth it, that's very apparent when you consider the injuries he has. I would've liked to have added a decent veteran Dman, because it looks to me like Sanheim is taking a step back, and could use another season in the AHL. There was talk about Ian Cole late last year, he would've been a nice addition. On the other hand, a lot of fans here have complained about the youngsters not getting a chance, and that's fine, but when you do that, you have to expect a lot of growing pains.
    the trick is that you have to find the right veterans,,especially on the blue line..guys that are willing to mentor the kids..and not see them as a threat...maybe guys who are winding down their careers
    if we can get those guys..it would only help the transition

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post
      Rev was 100% bang on about AMac.

The other interesting part of this rebuild is how everyone thinks prospects are legit stars and everything will go according to plan.

A few years ago everyone was like our blueline will be: Ghost, Provy, Sanheim, Myers, Morin, Hagg and Alt. All these guys will pan out, be studs, we'll have the best blueline in the NHL bla bla bla. The reality is, half of these guys may not reach their potential and could be having a real tough time being impact NHLers.
      I agree 100% and have been beating that drum for years.

Comment

but it think everyone understands that..which is probably why Hextall went for volume with Goalies..franchise goalies don't grow on trees..the lager the pool..the better chance on hitting on the guy..and as far as the defense...Provo, Morin, Sanheim all first round picks..and pretty high picks at that...despite that, yeah each of them is not going to turn into Shea Weber, or Pronger etc...

Comment

I think it's too early to tell what our young Dmen will turn into. I definitely think Provo will turn into a true top pairing Dman in the future, the other two will probably be successful also, not just at his level. But, like I said, with youngsters there's growing pains, pains that will make them better in the long run. Look at Hedman, he is just now starting to turn into what everyone projected, and Ekblad hasn't reached his peak yet either. Guys like Doughty, Duncan Keith, and Weber, that can start immediately and be great don't come along very often.

Comment

I'm gonna get in trouble for this....but I like the way Provorov's first two years measure up against Doughty's first two years...

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
              I'm gonna get in trouble for this....but I like the way Provorov's first two years measure up against Doughty's first two years...
              You're not in trouble, I think Provo has a very good shot at being a number 1 guy, just like Doughty, they're respective styles are just different. I'll get in trouble for this, but I see Provorov as being a Lidstrom type Dman (in other words more finesse than Doughty) when he peaks.

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post

You're not in trouble, I think Provo has a very good shot at being a number 1 guy, just like Doughty, they're respective styles are just different. I'll get in trouble for this, but I see Provorov as being a Lidstrom type Dman (in other words more finesse than Doughty) when he peaks.
                Lidstrom is probably the right comparable if you're looking at max upside. He's built in that type of mold. Odds are always against him reaching that level, but it's not impossible. I think he'll be a true #1 d-man for this team for years, though. Having his ups and downs now as he learns and matures, but it's right there.
                Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Gord Miller was on TSN 1050 on Wednesday and said Provy has a lot of Ray Bourque in him....

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post
                    Gord Miller was on TSN 1050 on Wednesday and said Provy has a lot of Ray Bourque in him....
                    I think that's a pretty fair comparison too, although he hasn't quite developed that point shot that Bourque had, yet.

Comment

It just might be... getting a little crazy: http://www.orangeandblack.net/philly...34#post1160234
                      Philadelphia Flyers #1
                      Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                      The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Working...
                      X