Hischier v Patrick v Petersson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hischier v Patrick v Petersson

If anyone has seen Elias Peterson play for the Canucks .... wow .... I know heís small and he needs to back on some muscle ... but he may be the best player to come out of the top five in the 2017 NHL draft

Career Scoring totals for all to date

Petersson 9gp 9g 6a 15pts 4:02 PP/TOI 1.667 PPG
    Hischier 92gp 23g 39a 62pts .67PPG
    Patrick 83gp 16g 20a 36pts .43PPG

I know the sample size on Petersson is tiny and his stats are skewed by his five point night last night ... but Iím shocked that heís been received 4 minutes of PP TOI per game in his first 9 games in the NHL. This speaks to the lack of talent in Vancouver but also speaks to the immense skill this kid has.

I know itís early days still ... but IMO, Patrick, for a number two overall pick, has been underwhelming ....

Why couldnít we have been in the lottery position in 2016 and not 2017! Ah the curse of a Flyers fan for life ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, I posted similar after 2 games of seeing him play. Apparently some teams had him 1 or 2 on draft boards and tried to move up but were unable to secure a trade. Vancouver really made out I heard he was their target all along as they had him rated highest potential

Comment

Strohs....

Yes he's seemed underwhelming, and I've been a pessimist since last year (especially early last season)..........but........

1. I have to realize that he WAS injured and he needed to get up to NHL strength and conditioning.
      2. Yes he's not Laine, and it sucks that we finally get a lottery pick and it's a weak draft, but he's a quality NHL player who is EXTREMELY young in his physical build, mental ability, and experience. All of these things he should improve on a lot over the next 2-3 years which should only make him a better player than he is now.
      3. I'm just worried about his concussion problems since the last one seemed very soft.
      "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

pettersson may end up being the best player in the draft, but patrick has all the tools to put together an impactful NHL career.

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix
          Strohs....

Yes he's seemed underwhelming, and I've been a pessimist since last year (especially early last season)..........but........

1. I have to realize that he WAS injured and he needed to get up to NHL strength and conditioning.
          2. Yes he's not Laine, and it sucks that we finally get a lottery pick and it's a weak draft, but he's a quality NHL player who is EXTREMELY young in his physical build, mental ability, and experience. All of these things he should improve on a lot over the next 2-3 years which should only make him a better player than he is now.
          3. I'm just worried about his concussion problems since the last one seemed very soft.
          I really donít think Patrick belonged in the NHL last year... especially recovering from a major injury ... he barely played the year before ...he was invisible the first half of the season if not longer ...
          Iím sure his underwhelming first half has contributed to my opinion of him as a player... he was good down the stretch last year.

He shows glimpses of skill and vision , but I think safe to say, he has yet to truly dominate an NHL game like Petersson did last night.

I hope Iím wrong, but, I got a bad feeling about this, lol

Comment

Run a comp of tthe players this season prior to the 5 point night and let me know how they look.

Then run it using only 5v5 ES TOI...

And let me know what they look like.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully
              Run a comp of tthe players this season prior to the 5 point night and let me know how they look.

Then run it using only 5v5 ES TOI...

And let me know what they look like.

​​​​​
              Let me know when Patrick thoroughly dominates a game and gets five points AND dominates a PP with 4 minute of ice time per game .... shhh

Comment

And after the first game of the season, Lindblom was on pace for 82 goals this year.....

I actually took a triple take at your stats.... You compared 9 gp to 90 gp ... I think the comparison becomes immediately invalid.
                "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post

Let me know when Patrick thoroughly dominates a game and gets five points AND dominates a PP with 4 minute of ice time per game .... shhh

LULZ and if Petersson goes flat in the second half...no one is going to mention these hot-takes a dozen games into the season...

...and imagine if Patrick got the same opportunities...let's have Patrick center Giroux and Konecny and move Couturier down a line or two...

Petterson, 9 GP, 9G, 15P, 7EVG, 2PPG, 3 EVA, 3 PPA, EV TOI/G 13:05, PP TOI/G 4:06

Patrick, 11 GP, 4G, 7P, 4EVG, 0PPG, 3 EVA, 0 PPA, EV TOI/G 12:33, PP TOI/G 2:23

EV STATS
                  Pettersson 13:05, 10 EVP
                  Parick, 12:33, 7 EVP

Seem like pretty similar productions values at ES...with a cursory look at stats.

PP STATS
                  Petterson 4:06, 5 PP points
                  Patrick 2:23, 0 PP points

Flyers PP has been stagnant, but recent swap - moving Patrick and Konecny up to PP1 (at times) could pay off in the future...
                  of course, so could giving Patrick 2 more minutes a night on the PP...

So in the end..outside of PP production...kinda similar guys...with less than a quarter of the season played...

Not to be snide but you're playing into the big fish in a small pond scenario....what exactly does Vancouver have going for them? It's not like Pettersson is fighting Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds and Couturier for meaningful PP1 time...

Comment

Also just to note, something that won't show up on the G/A/P sheet is back checking plays like last night where Patrick stopped two different rushes of Shark players. He also had a great pick on the Voracek goal. He is a smart player, he won't wow you like Petterson or Hirscher but it doesn't mean he doesn't bring other attributes they don't.

Comment

Working...
                    X