No announcement yet.

GDT: Flyers vs Coyotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost! Huge mistake by the coyotes def on having his stick in the way of that one

Comment

The sudden and unexpected return of the comeback kids, huh?

And Weise of all people with the breakaway goal to tie it, after all the skill guys were unable to finish their numerous chances.

Lucky lucky lucky to walk away with a W after that awful PP that gave up two shorties. And isn't there anything in the rules that gives the zebras the discretion to stop play if their presence interferes in a material way?!?

Comment

ghost with steal and assist to tie it and goal to win it after that horrible play for the shorty.

elliott took care of business, 16 for 16.

good vibes for the home crowd. gotta fix special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by dogzus View Post
          The sudden and unexpected return of the comeback kids, huh?

And Weise of all people with the breakaway goal to tie it, after all the skill guys were unable to finish their numerous chances.

Lucky lucky lucky to walk away with a W after that awful PP that gave up two shorties. And isn't there anything in the rules that gives the zebras the discretion to stop play if their presence interferes in a material way?!?
          Not sure what happened to Wiese over the summer, but he's been pretty good this year.

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post

Not sure what happened to Wiese over the summer, but he's been pretty good this year.
            What I've noticed is that he's faster than before. I'm not sure how but he has gained a step which makes a world of difference in todays hockey.
            Last edited by andy71; 11-09-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I'll admit I didn't see this point streak coming. All hope was lost for me two weeks ago, but they seem to be clicking and finally playing together instead of as a bunch of individuals.

Sure last night was ugly, but earlier that would've been a loss. They found a way to overcome their mistakes and get the win and the end. More efforts like this will only lead to success.

Some games against a directionless Chicago team and a middling Florida team should help get this going.

Comment

Originally posted by andy71 View Post

What I've noticed is that he's faster than before. I'm not sure how but he has gained a step which makes a world of difference in todays hockey.
                Maybe it was a conditioning issue with him, whatever it is, it's working this year.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                  Their game on Monday had some tension in the air...and i think the end of the game was a little ruff (ruff according to 2018 NHL)...really hoping we will see some of what occurred at the end of the game spill into the beginning of this game. Maybe THAT is what this team needs to come out and play at the beginning of a game.

I'm assuming Pickard gets the crease again...so hope he can just play a solid AHL-style game. No pressure Picker...just stop the puck!
                  Going into last nights game, only two teams in the NHL didn't have a single fight - the Flyers being one of them.

Overall, the passive nature of this team has really turned me off over the years. And it's not like our skill level is through the roof either...

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

Going into last nights game, only two teams in the NHL didn't have a single fight - the Flyers being one of them.

Overall, the passive nature of this team has really turned me off over the years. And it's not like our skill level is through the roof either...
                    I'm a little surprised by this with Hextall at the helm

Comment

As much as I love a good fight I cant complain about not losing Simmer to something stupid like a broken hand. To he honest, there have been a few times guys have wanted to go and refs instantly stepped in or the other guy wouldnt go. I am seeing more hits that there were early on and a team that is willing to stand up for each other. I blame the NHL and the refs for us being flightless so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X