Chuck Fletcher GM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Fletcher GM

Can confirm #Flyers’ next general manager will be Chuck Fletcher, per a source. @BroadStBull was first: https://t.co/Dnp8sOyrOT
    http://www2.philly.com/flyers/chuck-...-20181203.html
    Philadelphia Flyers #1
    Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
    The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Homer better hope he does a better job than he did before otherwise he should be sent packing. Not the direction I was hoping for. This is more of an old school hiring

Comment

Fletcher is 51.

Comment

Although, I wanted Zito!!

Comment

Yeah, I was hoping for Zito.

Comment

Coaching change soon? 5 days between games now is the time. Will Fletcher make moves? He has been aggressive in the past at times. Please don't blow the team up or waste the entire prospect pool. Smart moves only.

Comment

I'm kind of disappointed they went the Old Boys Club route. This league is changing fast...i was hoping a fresh mind would have allowed us to lead in the change (that is assuming a lot regarding Fletcher...so i hope he can prove me wrong).

As for Hakstol...i'm going to guess that portion of the house cleaning will be done at the end of the season, similar to how Hexy did it with Berube (if i remember correctly). Hak will have until the end of the season to sell his abilities to Fletcher.

Comment

I'm disappointed as well. I would have liked to have seen someone like Hunter who's a mix of old school and new school. He's got that no bullshit attitude, but is also big on the draft and a keen eye for talent.

I just wish for once the Flyers would just pretend to do a real search. I mean this guy was the successful candidate before the "search" even began. I feel like it was decided over a glass of scotch.

Comment

Maybe other candidates were more attractive and then again maybe not. I wanted Hunter but he didn't get the job. So be it.
                  What I want is for the Flyers to play up to their potential and be an interesting team to watch. Who knows, maybe Fletcher can get the team there? Lets see what he does. There probably will be some moves made this month. When they happen, then we can start to judge Fletcher.
                  "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Seems like good pedigree. Born in Mtl, Harvard educated lawyer...lots of various roles in several orgs. 9 yrs experience as wilds g.m.
                    I agree Homer should lose his job if this guy doesn't pan out but honestly I think Homer should go regardless.....dinosaur club.

Comment

Working...
                    X