No announcement yet.

Chuck Fletcher GM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the big question is, will the other D men fill the void/vacuum left by Ghost's departure? If Fletch thinks yes, say goodbye. I think Ghost will bring a very nice return. Or, be part of a ghost, simmonds package, say for Parayko Taresenko. I can dream!!

Comment

I don't know why you would trade a top young offensive dman on an incredible contract. Maybe if Taresenko or another sniper is coming back? Ghost has shown over the past 2 years that he can be good defensively. He also typically drives play out of their d zone as well which means less time and less shots in our end.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
        I don't know why you would trade a top young offensive dman on an incredible contract. Maybe if Taresenko or another sniper is coming back? Ghost has shown over the past 2 years that he can be good defensively. He also typically drives play out of their d zone as well which means less time and less shots in our end.
        He had a couple bad games on a team with no direction so he's trash that has to be dumped.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
          He is a top offensive defensemen who is not very good, defensively. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but this team needs a couple of good moves. He may be a huge bargaining chip. Plus, I want to see some grit back on this team, now!!!

Comment

Unless the return is great I'd keep Ghost. Why? Because this team needs puck-moving defensemen. It's not like there are a ton of Dmen out there like Ghost who put up over 60 points. He's not on pace for that this year, but the team is worse this year than last.

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post

He is a top offensive defensemen who is not very good, defensively. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but this team needs a couple of good moves. He may be a huge bargaining chip. Plus, I want to see some grit back on this team, now!!!
              Then we should trade Provo because Ghost has been better defensively than Provo the past year+.

Comment

Losing Simmonds is not adding grit. Taresensko would be a great addition as would Parayko. Maybe Jake and Sanheim. I agree with most here that Ghost is better defensively than he gets credit for and his ability to drive play out of the zone is needed on a team that gives up so many turnovers.

Comment

McKenzie said:
                  “That’s true to a certain degree, but don’t expect Chuck Fletcher to come in and start trading first-round picks or a prospect like Morgan Frost for immediate short-term help to try and get himself in the playoffs. … No. 1 is maybe finding a short-term fix in net. The goaltending hasn’t been good enough. And it could be a short-term but might even be a longer-term fix… The other one would be giving Dave Hakstol, the head coach, a fair amount of time for evaluation. Fans and media wanted this guy fired before Hextall. He needs to have the opportunity now to get something done.”
                  Full article:
                  https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rum...ampaign=buffer
                  Philadelphia Flyers #1
                  Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                  The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Why isn't Kimmo hired as his personal coach?
                    lol i've thought the same thing. He knew how to play as the smaller man. he was definitely stouter than ghost tho. i think he was like 5'10" 190.

Comment

Speculation has it and I mentioned this here or on another board several days ago... get Zito in as AGM.

Flyers Weekly Mailbag: Time To Make Moves
                      Posted on December 7, 2018 by Jamey Baskow

The odds are very good of obtaining both Bill Zito and Joel Quenneville for positions within the Flyers organization, by at the very least the Summer. Zito is the man on the inside track to secure the Assistant GM role, with Quenneville as the next Head Coach eventually. Quenneville has hinted that he wouldn’t mind holding out on his next coaching opportunity until the Summer, so he could spend some much-needed quality time with his family. “Q” has ties to General Manager Chuck Fletcher so that helps at the end of the day. Time will tell, but these are the two I’m praying for if we do in fact make more changes.
                      http://phillysportsnetwork.com/2018/12/07/mo-2/
                      Philadelphia Flyers #1
                      Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                      The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Working...
                      X