Untradeable Flyers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

We have centers? Disagree... we have couts, who i love but is not quite a top-10 center in the league, and an underperforming green 2C, and a bunch of 4C's trying to be a 3C. We traded schenn and moved girouxArguably, ou to wing. We're weak at center. We have all our cap tied up in our wingers (Simmer/Giroux/Jake/JVR) and no one to get them the puck.

Oh... and we're last in the league in GA because we're last in the league in save %! we're 6th lowest in shots against... our goalies just can't make a save. The D corp can be improved but Parayko is not the savior.
    I'd argue or 2C looks weak because Jake decided he didn't need to work in November...

Giroux - Patrick - Konecny
    Lindblom - Couturier - Voracek
    JVR - Laughton - Simmonds

Looks like a helluva top 9 to me, each with their own play-stye...

The first thing the Flyers have to move away from is Coots as 1C, he's not...he's a quality top 6 player, he's not a 1C...

I'd take it further, our goalies look like shit because many of the opportunities the opposition are given are ridiculous...the Flyers may allow few shots, but what they do allow tends to be high percentage chances, odd-man rushes, and ridiculous turnovers...your goalie isn't a brick wall and he's not stopping the unstoppable because he only faces 20 some shots a night as opposed to 40.

that's not to say the goalies have been great, but pre-injury Elliott was lights out for a stretch and still getting blame...

I'd make Parayko a bigger need than any goaltender out there, Flyer will end up severely overpaying for a Goalie who's not gonna be an answer...just a bandaid
    Last edited by Rev_Bully; 12-06-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Is Patrick a 1C? I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie View Post
        Is Patrick a 1C? I hope so.
        I think he has a better shot at being a 1C than Coots....and that's not a knock at Coots...

Comment

Only one way to find out.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a line of Simmonds - Patrick - Giroux...Nolan has shown some creativity in his short time and I think G could possibly benefit from that..

put Couts on a line with Jake..with Couts defensive skills and experience...he could better cover for Jake's bonehead passes and turnovers

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

I'd argue or 2C looks weak because Jake decided he didn't need to work in November...

Giroux - Patrick - Konecny
              Lindblom - Couturier - Voracek
              JVR - Laughton - Simmonds

Looks like a helluva top 9 to me, each with their own play-stye...

The first thing the Flyers have to move away from is Coots as 1C, he's not...he's a quality top 6 player, he's not a 1C...

I'd take it further, our goalies look like shit because many of the opportunities the opposition are given are ridiculous...the Flyers may allow few shots, but what they do allow tends to be high percentage chances, odd-man rushes, and ridiculous turnovers...your goalie isn't a brick wall and he's not stopping the unstoppable because he only faces 20 some shots a night as opposed to 40.

that's not to say the goalies have been great, but pre-injury Elliott was lights out for a stretch and still getting blame...

I'd make Parayko a bigger need than any goaltender out there, Flyer will end up severely overpaying for a Goalie who's not gonna be an answer...just a bandaid
              Exactly! I agree 100% Rev.

Comment

Now that the handcuffs have been taken off of Hak, we'll see: maybe he'll try some of those changes.

Comment

Another Eklund post.... Flyers and Sens apparently discussing Mark Stone. Thoughts? Good player imo. This one would certainly cost us some prospects for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post
                    Another Eklund post.... Flyers and Sens apparently discussing Mark Stone. Thoughts? Good player imo. This one would certainly cost us some prospects for sure.
                    Having watched a lot of Sens games of the past couple years I would be really on board with Stone. The guy is so underrated in this league. He is also a really good leader, good skater, and has a hell of a shot. Could go a long way for the dressing room adding a guy like Stone. I just worry how much he wants to get paid next year coming off his contract.

Comment

Is he restricted?

Comment

Working...
                      X