No announcement yet.

Untradeable Flyers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No he is becoming a UFA. So any trade IMO would require prior knowledge he would want to sign in Philly. Otherwise you are giving assets for 1 year of a player you could just sign in the offseason.

Comment

I agree Vedder. I would think this deal only goes down if he is willing to sign. I'm thinking Stone would get 6.5 to 7m, am I any off base here?

Comment

He is currently making 7.35M and I imagine he wants a raise especially if he finishes at a PPG like his current trajectory. My guess is he will get somewhere between 8.5-9M. He is still young at 27 and playing some of the best hockey of his career.

Comment

- Patrick isn't even a 2C yet, let alone a 1C.
          - Couts isn't a top-10 center but he's darn good. He doesn't score like some other 1Cs but his overall game impact is high. He's Bergeron, not Matthews. Also, after the first 10 games of the season he's over a point-per-game. He missed camp.
          - IMO, Laughton is best suited to 3LW not 3C. He's fast and a great forechecker but he doesn't possess the puck well. He's better than he used to be but he gets out-muscled easily on the boards. I don't see him creating space for his teammates. He's best when he's attacking the puck and making quick plays.

As far as goaltending vs quality of shots, i think all the fans have forgotten what good goaltending looks like. Good goalies can make saves on an executed 2on1. They can save quick shots from the slot. They can erase turnovers in their own zone. They can anticipate tip plays and have a chance to react to a deflection. They even sometimes go whole games without a soft goal! It's possible! Next time you say to yourself "man, why do we always run into a hot goalie", ask yourself why our opponents never do. Provorov/Ghost have played far below their ability, and our D zone has been confused at times. But make no mistake, the goaltending is BAAAAD.

Regarding potentially available wings in tarasenko, panarin, stone, i wonder if there's a deal to be made for one based around voracek. Mark stone and panarin prolly would like the contracts we can offer. Tarasenko would look sick with giroux. Would be a good way to shakeup the core without losing offensive output and get a touch younger. The other team gets a productive player locked in on a good contract with no NTC and whatever filler pieces they need to sell it to fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
            He is currently making 7.35M and I imagine he wants a raise especially if he finishes at a PPG like his current trajectory. My guess is he will get somewhere between 8.5-9M. He is still young at 27 and playing some of the best hockey of his career.
            https://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...stonema01.html

15% corsi rel. wut.

Comment

Not sure how excited I could get about a ghost for Parayko swap but could we expand on it? Include Voracek and prospect/picks for Parayko AND tarasenko?

Gotta be honest... Iím ready for Voracek to be gone.

Comment

I cant understand the rush for Jake to go? He is our second best forward period. He had his gaffes but he produced.

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post
                  I cant understand the rush for Jake to go? He is our second best forward period. He had his gaffes but he produced.
                  exactly WHY he should be traded...while he still has value...you have to give up quality to get quality back..

plus we let another team deal with his inopportune turnovers at the worst possible times

Comment

Nice to see Hart get [what I believe is] his first professional shutout last night.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie
                      Is Patrick a 1C? I hope so.
                      Coots is easily a 1C in this league. Sure his offfensoce game might not be quite at that level but he is great on defense and killer in the face off circle. That game against the Penguins he absolutely crushed Sid I the face off dot. Coots went 13 for 13 in face offs that game mostly against Sid ...

Patrick as 1C? OMG

IMO the elephant in the Flyers room, besides our dreadful goaltending, is the lack of any type of meaningful progress in Patrick’s offensive game this season ...

I think he could be a 1C this season ... on the Phantoms ....

Currently he’s playing 3C minutes and playing against weaker opponents than he would be if he were playing 1C minutes. Looking at his stats and watching him play, he isn’t exactly dominating his opponents he faces as the 3C. He’s good defensively sure ... but in the offensive zone he’s mostly invisible...

The Patrick lovers need a reality check...hate to always bash on the kid....BUT

For those who need a refresher ... he has 1 measly point in his last 11 games....and he does see significant ice time on the number two PP. he has averaged 2 minutes 12 seconds of PP TOI per game, sixth highest on the team... no wonder our PP is so woeful, out second PP u it barely scores.

How’s this for reality, in a 2.5 minute span in the last game, Sanheim, a d with 21 less NHL games experience than Patrick, outscored Patrick’s production from the past 11 GAMES! I know that’s silly ... but it’s also ... sad but true!

Patrick’s development has regressed this year... let’s be honest about it.

He’s been a hugely disappointing 2nd overall pick thus far in his career, now approaching the 100 game mark... and to think he was the consensus number one pick ....

IMO he should have been returned to CHL last year, and he should have been in the AHL this year. I would’ve loved to see Hexy do that ... that would take balls.

And yet people knock Jake who puts up 60 points a year ....

I will say this, IMO Patrick is a much better defensive player than Jake...late in the game if Patrick is on the ice I’m generally not worried he’s going to make a blunder to lead to a scoring chance .... I don’t have the same lack of worry when Jake is out there.

Come on Nolan, start producing, so you can make me look bad, for all the bashing I lay on you ... I relish the opportunity to say that I was wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Strohs72; 12-08-2018, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X