• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
    The ONLY way they should keep Simmer is
    1. They believe they can win the Cup

Or

2. He'll sign an extension that is STUPIDLY cheap... Like league minimum cheap.

A. I can't believe that looking down the rosters of all of the NHL teams, that Fletcher and PH think we have a shot at the Cup.

B. There's no way he signs for that low.

Hence, he's got to go. He'll be a broken down shell of an NHLer in less than 4 years, and an overpaid NHLer after year 2 of an extension. Take the assets that you can get now.

I LOVE Simmer. He's one of my favorite players. But he has to go.
    Yup. It would be monumentally stupid to not trade him and to let him walk for nothing. That would only make sense if this team was a cup contender. As they are now, they barely have a shot at making the playoffs. And if they do will most likely get bounced in the first round. Simmonds has to be traded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hattrix
      The ONLY way they should keep Simmer is
      1. They believe they can win the Cup

Or

2. He'll sign an extension that is STUPIDLY cheap... Like league minimum cheap.

A. I can't believe that looking down the rosters of all of the NHL teams, that Fletcher and PH think we have a shot at the Cup.

B. There's no way he signs for that low.

Hence, he's got to go. He'll be a broken down shell of an NHLer in less than 4 years, and an overpaid NHLer after year 2 of an extension. Take the assets that you can get now.

I LOVE Simmer. He's one of my favorite players. But he has to go.
      Letís hope Fletch is a member of this forum and just read your message.

I particularly like part B.

You can already see he is starting to break down... these past two years heís been a shell of his former self. Heís also one of my
      Fav players.... I donít want to have to hate him like the Oilers must hate Lucic lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• The more I read and follow the Panerin news the less I want him to be a Flyer. Yes he has talent but he seems to have baggage and my gut is telling me that he and Bob are gonna pull a Kovalchuk in a a few years and go to Russia to play.

Comment

• I read on Spectors that the asking price for Stone is a 1st, roster player, and prospect. Would you pay this for him? If so who would you give up? Keep in mind... this is assuming the Flyers would do the obvious and immediately lock him up long term.
          Rubstov/Strohm, 1st, and Gudas/Ghost do it? Although I prefer to hang on to Gudas, Ghost has a real nice contract and I would hate to see him go with that contract. Our first will be a middle of the pack pick so for Stone I feel it's a no brainer and our cupboards are stocked with prospects anyways.

Comment

• Only if he signs longterm!!!

Comment

• Frost, Ghost, Rubstov

Comment

• Originally posted by irvdog View Post
                Frost, Ghost, Rubstov
                Irv...for Stone?

Comment

• 1st ghost rubstov. No Frost!

Comment

• But why give up something when you can take a run at him on Jul.1 without giving up any valuable assets? I would do this if it were Tarasenko (a player with term)...but a guy like Stone who i am sure you are only considering this return IF he extends...why not just go hard after him on Jul.1 and trade the assets for other players(s)?

I am not following this...and i know you aren't the only one who is willing to do this (sswin08 would be good with trading for Stone now to get a shot to sign him)...so maybe i'm not seeing something.

Comment

• I think the deal would be a trade and sign kind of thing. Ottowa will trade him, yes? It gives us an opportunity to get him, first.

Comment

Working...
                      X