Originally posted by alxhj View Post

Simmonds is 30
    Still has a lot of value!!
    much more than a 34 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post

Still has a lot of value!!
      much more than a 34 year old.
      Very true, I love the guy, but to be honest if we had to include him as part of a package to get Tarasenko and Parakyo, I' d do it.

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post

Very true, I love the guy, but to be honest if we had to include him as part of a package to get Tarasenko and Parakyo, I' d do it.
        Hell yeah. That would be a slam dunk. Simmonds is going to get paid....and with the mileage he has on his frame, it would not be money well invested. Build up his value and make sure you milk his intangibles when making the deal. They will bring back a lot more than anyone would expect.

Comment

I'd hope we get a veteran D-Man ASAP...but someone who is also a teacher to the young ones...couple of those goals last night were youngster blunders that, hopefully, a Veteran D-man could point out and correct...even direct those guys on the ice while defending....

Also....I know it's early..but Sanheim....if this is a glimpse of his potential...he already has more value than Ghost if you ask me..and virtually makes him expendable....

Jake, Simmonds, Ghost, maybe throw in a pick and a prospect...should bring back a healthy return

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
            I'd hope we get a veteran D-Man ASAP...but someone who is also a teacher to the young ones...couple of those goals last night were youngster blunders that, hopefully, a Veteran D-man could point out and correct...even direct those guys on the ice while defending....

Also....I know it's early..but Sanheim....if this is a glimpse of his potential...he already has more value than Ghost if you ask me..and virtually makes him expendable....

Jake, Simmonds, Ghost, maybe throw in a pick and a prospect...should bring back a healthy return
            This!!

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post

I actually just read the Pietrangelo is also on the available list, he's worth the price for his leadership, and just imagine what Provo and Sanheim could learn from him.

Comment

Two rumours floating out of T.O.

Flyers kicking tires on Quick...

Blues have made it known that everyone is available (including all the big boys: Tarasenko, Petro etc).

If you ask me, both of these teams would make good trading partners for us. Both are in the west, both are crap and looking to make moves (same as us).

Flame away...

Comment

yeah but from our perspective, it would have to be one or the other..either LAK or STL..not sure we are in a position to get Quick, AND Tarasenko AND Petriangelo..without completely gutting our farm system (yet again)

in which case: STL....while Quick would be great to have...getting those other guys would be a coup

Comment

Priority 1 has to be a defenseman. No goalie can stand up to the constant shots from the slot and in front of the net. Taresenko and Pieterangelo for??? Patrick, Jake, and a pick? Let's face it (and I'm a huge Patty fan) but he is more expendable than people let on. Frost will be here next season. Jake can go although it hurts because you are losing a major point producer but you get Taresensko in the deal and he shoots the puck. Give up a first now when we have a glut of prospects. Quick and his injuries scare me. Not sure there is a goalie available worth the price? I still would prefer Doughty and I think he can be moved as his nmc doesnt start until next season right? I think G and Couts at center on the first 2 lines will work out. Bring in a 3C or hand it over to Laughton, he has earned it.

Comment

Quick is going to be 33. What is his cap hit?
                      I'd say pass! Unless they give him for nothing but his salary.

Comment

Working...
                      X