Carter Hart Recalled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter Hart Recalled

Stolarz to I/R (2-4 week injury), Lyon sent down. I'm going on record saying I HATE this move. Why bring this kid into the dumpster fire? It's just a desperate move which could seriously backfire. Ugh.

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flye...rs/c-303017766
    Mike Barr, Founder

Oh Jesus.

Comment

Not a fan of this, but I guess they are rewarding Hart for his hard work. He certainly has been adjusting better to the AHL as of late. With that said, if they really treasure him as a prospect, I'm not sure this shitshow is what's best for him.

Comment

What else could they do? The trade market is obviously expensive at the moment (especially with the injury's and other GM's know it).

Lyon is supposedly sent down as well. Hart and Neuvy as backup is the report.

Hey look Isaac sitll has a job!!
        Dave Isaac
        Alex Lyon was also sent to the AHL so that would insinuate Hart would make his NHL debut tomorrow with Michal Neuvirth as his backup.
        Philadelphia Flyers #1
        Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
        The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Originally posted by
          Alex Lyon was also sent to the AHL so that would insinuate Hart would make his NHL debut tomorrow with Michal Neuvirth as his backup.[/I
          I think Neuvirth starts at least the first game on the home stand. Hart being here might be a way to get actual bodies in the seats.

Comment

Not a fan of this either despite Hart starting to put it together in the AHL. Would have liked him to get more time down there to continue to build on his confidence and to stay the hell away from this team D.

Comment

This is such a Flyers move. It's exhausting being a fan of this team...

Comment

Really hating this move the more I have time to think about it; at first I accepted it when thinking that Hart was up to backup to Lyon while Elliott, Neuvirth, & Stolarz were all out, but with Lyon sent down that's not the case. smfh

Comment

Hart being a backup and not playing is just as pointless.

Comment

If he was backing up Lyon while the other three were out, I don't think it would have to be pointless since they are the only five (not including Sandström) under NHL contract -- the current Phantoms short-term back-up isn't under contract for the NHL/with the Flyers, but only for the AHL/with the Phantoms.

That being said ... yeah, I just can't see any point in this at all once Lyon was sent down. And, the Phantoms play on Wednesday (? some mid-week game this week) so he'll likely miss that AHL start.

Comment

Working...
                    X