Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers vs Blue Jackets

1PM EST

Another Saturday matinee in Philly. It's what we do now.

Game three of the Hart era. Like the last game versus the Predators, the team in front of him is going to need to show up too. In a refreshing change, one would expect they actually will.

The Flyers have managed to pot three goals in each of the two meetings with Columbus already this year. If they do that again and play team D and get more good tending from Hart, that could be enough.

Originally posted by dogzus
    1PM EST

Another Saturday matinee in Philly. It's what we do now.

Game three of the Hart era. Like the last game versus the Predators, the team in front of him is going to need to show up too. In a refreshing change, one would expect they actually will.

The Flyers have managed to pot three goals in each of the two meetings with Columbus already this year. If they do that again and play team D and get more good tending from Hart, that could be enough.

What is with all of these stupid matinees at home ? Are the sixers more popular in Philly and therefore are they getting the prime time Saturday night slot at the arena ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate home games this time of year, so it is good that that circus.is.always in town. Early game at least leaves the evening open

Comment

Yup these early games are the worst, especially for west coasters. It's a 10am start time for me. :S

Comment

I kind of like it, myself. Out in Cali. The wife is out. Game on!!

Comment

And the lazy play bubbles back up to the top!!

Comment

Please trade Voracek, now!!!

Comment

2 down low 3-on-1s, can't happen. all four goals were on a premium chances, but woulda liked to see hart get one of those. still need our goalies to get some saves that they shouldn't.

columbus really checks well and has excellent coverage. i would like to see our forwards look for open ice, not just stay in their lanes.

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post
                  And the lazy play bubbles back up to the top!!
                  i don't think it was lazy at all, we played hard, but some bad turnovers and then bad coverage. We tend to overcommit after a turnover, instead of contain. Its youth + mix:

Hart: 20
                  Provorov: 21
                  Sanheim: 22
                  Hagg: 23
                  Gudas, Ghost, Macdonald: hardly lockdown defenders.
                  + weak at center.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

i don't think it was lazy at all, we played hard, but some bad turnovers and then bad coverage. We tend to overcommit after a turnover, instead of contain. Its youth + mix:

Hart: 20
                    Provorov: 21
                    Sanheim: 22
                    Hagg: 23
                    Gudas, Ghost, Macdonald: hardly lockdown defenders.
                    + weak at center.
                    2nd period was full of weak/lazy clear attempts passes etc. Canít say I agree with you, mate!

Comment

Working...
                    X