WJHC 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJHC 2018

The Flyers are well represented at this year's World Junior Hockey Championship. One Canadian, I believe four Americans and two Swedes. This should be a very entertaining tourney for hockey fans...especially those interested in Flyers prospects.

10 mins into Canada's 1st game, Frost has a beautiful goal and a brilliant assist.

The future is bright!

Here is an article with details of the Flyers prospects :

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...ionship-primer
    Last edited by lynchmob450; 12-26-2018, 08:35 PM.

Canada up 3-0 vs. The Danes after the 1st...Frost with two Gs and one A.

The US up 2-1 midway through the 3rd period. Noah Cates with a helper (future Flyers prospect, Jack Hughes with a helper as well).

Comment

Brayden who?

Denmark isn’t much competition .... but Frost shows you what he can do ... love his passing vision, great skating and has sick hands ....

I would be shocked if he starts next year in the AHL.

I expect my
      Last OHL viewing of him will be Thursday January 31 when the Hounds come to Niagara. I scheduled my trip to Dominican around his game here ... I’ll be so pissed if he is traded at the OHL trade deadline!! Even worse would be if he was traded to London! DOH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Although not a Flyers prospect (Montreal Canadiens draftee), some may be interested in Cayden Primeau who is a goalie on Team USA. He is the son of former Flyer Keith Primeau. He plays for Northeastern and was a 7th round pick by Montreal in 2017.

I believe this is the 2019 WJHC

Comment

Samuel Ersson (Sweden goalie, 5th round pick in 2018) looked strong last night holding Finland to one goal and making 29 saves...he looked very solid positionally, as well.

From what I have read, he is having a strong season in Sweden, so he is a prospect to keep an eye on!
          Last edited by behn3; 12-27-2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
            Although not a Flyers prospect (Montreal Canadiens draftee), some may be interested in Cayden Primeau who is a goalie on Team USA. He is the son of former Flyer Keith Primeau. He plays for Northeastern and was a 7th round pick by Montreal in 2017.
            But more Flyers connection: wasn't that the Flyers 2017 7th-round pick that they traded to Montréal in exchange for Montréal's 2018 7th-round pick because there was no one left in 2017 the Flyers really wanted and 2018 was supposed to be a deeper draft?

Originally posted by behn3 View Post
            Samuel Ersson (Sweden goalie, 5th round pick in 2018) looked strong last night holding Finland to one goal and making 29 saves...he looked very solid positionally, as well.

From what I have read, he is having a strong season in Sweden, so he is a prospect to keep an eye on!
            He's having a great season although, tempering expectations, he's been loaned out this whole season from an SHL (Elite, top pro) division team to an Allsvenskan (2nd-tier pro) division team. It's no stretch to say that he's a huge reason Västerås is among the Allsvenskan leaders in the standings, and currently in a position to compete for promotion to next year's SHL season.

Comment

He's basically the Carter Hart of Sweden.

Comment

Here is Ersson as the top ranked goalie in that division (in Sweden they rank based on SV% instead of GAA):
                Even for a lower tier those stats are phenomenal for a junior player not on a defensive powerhouse.

The two goalies ranked second and third for Oskarshamn both play for the top team in the division which has stifling team defense. Ersson's team, Västerås, was not expected to challenge for the top of the standing, but were given a slight chance to get into the qualifying rounds (for the second-tier Allsvenskan division, it's not about being champion of the division, but about getting to the promotion/relegation finals to go against a bottom SHL team for a spot in next year's SHL).

Comment

Dave Isaac
                  Second #Flyers prospect with a hat trick in the #WJC2019

...Excellent catch. Picks #Flyers used to select Farabee and Frost were part of the Brayden Schenn trade.

Philadelphia Flyers #1
                  Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                  The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Future Flyers were noticable in the USA game. Farabee, Cates, O'Reilly etc...

Comment

Working...
                    X