WJHC 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by behn3 View Post
    I thought 3 of the 4 USA Flyers prospects looked good last night against Finland. Cates is a forechecking machine with a high motor and skill...St Ivany is looking more comfortable and throwing his weight around and had strong positioning along the boards to shield off opposing players. O’Brien has been seeing 4th line duty and I’m not even sure he played last night.

IMHO, Farabee is the most exciting and intriguing prospect the Flyers have...the guy reaks of composure and he has a unique combination of skill, speed, energy and hockey IQ. I like Frost and he may be putting up better offensive numbers, but Farabee has been far more noticeable to me! Frost needs to get stronger in the worst way and hopefully he will!

Right now, Farabee sits atop my untouchable prospect list above anyone else...I just really like what I see from this kid!
    One thing I hadn't realized in Frost v. Farabee is that Farabee may be noticeably bigger than Frost; if accepting consistency in the IIHF's height&weight listings, Farabee is 6'1" and Frost 6'0" (with both of them listed smaller in lots of other sources).

But I'm planning to focus on the elimination round games now that they're here ... both Frost's & Farabee's stats placing them among the current tournament leaders are supported in large part by one big game for each, with less than a point/game otherwise. So I'm hoping both will impress by stepping up in these do-or-die games, and then I'll feel more certain about them.

Comment

Originally posted by behn3 View Post
      I thought 3 of the 4 USA Flyers prospects looked good last night against Finland. Cates is a forechecking machine with a high motor and skill...St Ivany is looking more comfortable and throwing his weight around and had strong positioning along the boards to shield off opposing players. O’Brien has been seeing 4th line duty and I’m not even sure he played last night.

IMHO, Farabee is the most exciting and intriguing prospect the Flyers have...the guy reaks of composure and he has a unique combination of skill, speed, energy and hockey IQ. I like Frost and he may be putting up better offensive numbers, but Farabee has been far more noticeable to me! Frost needs to get stronger in the worst way and hopefully he will!

Right now, Farabee sits atop my untouchable prospect list above anyone else...I just really like what I see from this kid!
      Agree. It's a slim margin but atm Farabee looks more potent and overall more prepared for the next level. Frost can score but like you said he does not look physically ready at all.

Comment

Frost did pile up his points in the 14-0 game. This Poehling kid on USA is pretty good. A natural hat trick in the third period to get the game to OT a few nights ago. I believe his college team is #1 in the country.

Comment

Farabee is alnost NHL ready but just needs to physically mature. St Ivany looks like a player too. Cates and OBrien havent stood out. Frost needs to add muscle and he makes too many bad decisions with the puck and needs to shoot more. The biggest surprises to me are the play of St Ivany and Ersson the Swedish goalie . Ersson has been mostly solid but has given up a few goals too.
          sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Cup4Recchi8 View Post
            Farabee is alnost NHL ready but just needs to physically mature. St Ivany looks like a player too. Cates and OBrien havent stood out. Frost needs to add muscle and he makes too many bad decisions with the puck and needs to shoot more. The biggest surprises to me are the play of St Ivany and Ersson the Swedish goalie . Ersson has been mostly solid but has given up a few goals too.
            I think Cates may be a sleeper in all of this. Obrien is too young to tell. Frost.... seems to be missing that drive that Farabee has or maybe the intelligence. But I'm not ready to give up on him at all.

Comment

Both Sweden and Canada lose. Cherry was right on coach corner the other night talking about running up score on the Danes and hot dogging it, said it would catch up to them..

Comment

Ersson looked good in net for the Swedes after winning the job from Eriksson Ek; a goalie can't really do much more when his team gets shut out. But that has been a great year for him going from just eeking into the conversation to be Sweden's third goaltender to taking the starter position in the medal round.

Frost at least had an assist on Canada's only goal, but I didn't see that game to see how the Canadians played. It was Frost that Cherry specifically called out in his clip from the 14-0 win over the Danes.

O'Brien seems to have sat on the bench the whole game; maybe he was insurance for Hughes? Cates rewarded with a goal. Only team/players left to watch now.

Comment

US looks too tight. They are in trouble down 1-0

Comment

Can this hockey season get any worse? USA choked away a gold medal, Flyers suck..... maybe I should start watching tennis?

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post
                      Can this hockey season get any worse? USA choked away a gold medal, Flyers suck..... maybe I should start watching tennis?
                      USA did not choke anything away. Do not sell Finland short. Finland is a power... Canada choked away the tournament

Comment

Working...
                      X