Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WJHC 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by CLJ View Post

    USA did not choke anything away. Do not sell Finland short. Finland is a power... Canada choked away the tournament
    I beg to differ. USA choked it away 100% Yeah Finland is good but they played passive the entire game except for a 2 minute stint where they got 2 goals. They didnt play that way all tournament until this game. They choked.

    Comment


    • #32
      Did Poehling (sp?) really deserve to be named MAP of the tournament? I ask because up here in Montreal this just provides Habs fans with more hope that they are a good team...something very difficult to deal with for any non-Habs fan.

      Comment


      • #33
        The goal by the US that was disallowed in the first period changed the momentum of the game. That goal should have counted and if it did the Finns would have had to adjust their style of play.
        "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
          Did Poehling (sp?) really deserve to be named MAP of the tournament? I ask because up here in Montreal this just provides Habs fans with more hope that they are a good team...something very difficult to deal with for any non-Habs fan.
          I believe he was the leading scorer of tourney. The defensive MVP from Russia is a Habs prospect. As is Primeau, as well as the Finnish winger who got
          the scoring going.

          Comment


          • #35
            If the Flyers were to get the #1 pick in the draft, they need to look real hard at taking KK instead of Hughes. I don't know if he has a shot as good as Laine's but it looks good. He's strong on the puck, in the corners and in front of the net. He's going to be a beast of a winger which the Flyers could use more than a center.
            "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post
              If the Flyers were to get the #1 pick in the draft, they need to look real hard at taking KK instead of Hughes. I don't know if he has a shot as good as Laine's but it looks good. He's strong on the puck, in the corners and in front of the net. He's going to be a beast of a winger which the Flyers could use more than a center.
              That is an example of how good this draft will be. So getting into the top 3-5 will be BIG for us.

              Comment


              • #37
                Hughes is better than Cozens? Reading about Cozens makes me wonder how good can Hughes be??
                .
                .
                "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

                Comment


                • #38
                  Wasn't sure where else to put this, but Button's post U20 draft rankings came out.

                  https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-hugh...iors-1.1237475

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Based on what I saw of the tournament (most of the games involving the US, a couple with Canada and bits of the rest), I wasn't blown away by the Flyers' prospects who played. We had four on the American team, and only one of them stood out -- Noah Cates. He was consistent at both ends of the rink and looks like he has NHL potential. But he'll be another one of those two way forwards, not a big time scorer. Probably a 3rd liner type. Farabee had points but mostly against the weaker competition. He didn't seem overly aggressive on the forecheck and I didn't see anything special out of him. He did come back responsibly in his own zone, however I was hoping to see some flash in his game and it wasn't there. O'Brien barely played, and St. Ivany was pretty limited in his ice time too. Not enough to really assess their games.

                    Morgan Frost feasted on the easy competition like Farabee and didn't stand out at all in other games. Again, he didn't wow me for all the hype that's been around him amongst the Flyers faithful.

                    Ersson looked really solid in net for Sweden and has some potential. Always good to have organizational goalie depth -- nobody knows that more than us Flyers fans since we haven't had any of that in awhile! LOL. Ginning is a steady but not spectacular d-man. He did make some mistakes in the third period comeback by the US against Sweden, including a turnover that led to the tying goal. But he seems to be a player. Might be along the lines of fellow countryman Haag, which isn't a bad thing.
                    Mike Barr, Founder

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Mike Barr View Post
                      Based on what I saw of the tournament (most of the games involving the US, a couple with Canada and bits of the rest), I wasn't blown away by the Flyers' prospects who played. We had four on the American team, and only one of them stood out -- Noah Cates. He was consistent at both ends of the rink and looks like he has NHL potential. But he'll be another one of those two way forwards, not a big time scorer. Probably a 3rd liner type. Farabee had points but mostly against the weaker competition. He didn't seem overly aggressive on the forecheck and I didn't see anything special out of him. He did come back responsibly in his own zone, however I was hoping to see some flash in his game and it wasn't there. O'Brien barely played, and St. Ivany was pretty limited in his ice time too. Not enough to really assess their games.

                      Morgan Frost feasted on the easy competition like Farabee and didn't stand out at all in other games. Again, he didn't wow me for all the hype that's been around him amongst the Flyers faithful.

                      Ersson looked really solid in net for Sweden and has some potential. Always good to have organizational goalie depth -- nobody knows that more than us Flyers fans since we haven't had any of that in awhile! LOL. Ginning is a steady but not spectacular d-man. He did make some mistakes in the third period comeback by the US against Sweden, including a turnover that led to the tying goal. But he seems to be a player. Might be along the lines of fellow countryman Haag, which isn't a bad thing.
                      Everything you posted is spot on. I agree 100%
                      I like the way Cates played throughout the tournament and felt he got better each game.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X