No announcement yet.

WJHC 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are absolutely right that the draft is no guarantee of success. See the Edmonton Oilers. I feel that being a middle of the pack team for so many years and drafting mid to late round year after year has hurt this team with a lack of skill or game breaking talent. Its not often the Flyers have had a chance to draft in the top 2 or 3 and get a highly skilled player and this is one of those years. The only times I can think of in their history is the JVR draft ,the Patrick draft (both years of course were not great drafts,typical Flyers luck) and the Bridgman draft decades ago (again not a franchise altering draft) Just once I would like to see the Flyers draft high and get a game breaking talent,this is why they have to try to get it this year. Hughes,Kakko and the Russian kid and Couzins and Dach are all good prospects. This is a good draft and the Flyers should at least try to get Hughes and acquire another 1st round pick or two if possible.
    sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

Comment

you can't just tank and win, but its hard to be a great team without hitting on atleast 2 top-10 draft talents.

Comment

Originally posted by Cup4Recchi8 View Post
        You are absolutely right that the draft is no guarantee of success. See the Edmonton Oilers. I feel that being a middle of the pack team for so many years and drafting mid to late round year after year has hurt this team with a lack of skill or game breaking talent. Its not often the Flyers have had a chance to draft in the top 2 or 3 and get a highly skilled player and this is one of those years. The only times I can think of in their history is the JVR draft ,the Patrick draft (both years of course were not great drafts,typical Flyers luck) and the Bridgman draft decades ago (again not a franchise altering draft) Just once I would like to see the Flyers draft high and get a game breaking talent,this is why they have to try to get it this year. Hughes,Kakko and the Russian kid and Couzins and Dach are all good prospects. This is a good draft and the Flyers should at least try to get Hughes and acquire another 1st round pick or two if possible.
        Edmonton's problem is no scouting staff. Their drafting is atrocious and that is mainly due to Kevin Lowe and the years they had that idiot at the helm. Even with Chiarelli their drafting has been terrible. Finding Bouchard was a gimme pick because he fell to them. After that, their 2nd to final rounds of every draft have been mostly garbage. I think Hextall with all those picks would have put together a vastly different prospect pool.
        Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Working...
        X