Dump....Flush.....Tank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump....Flush.....Tank

Im not talking about bowel movements although this team is as much fun to watch as that. This season is a write off so in my opinion its time to dump vets and try to get one of the top 3 in the draft. So in honour of the dumping and tanking that many fans want ,and with this season flushed down the toilet I thought I would make my dump list or keep list for next season for the Flyers. Feel free to agree or disagree with your own list.

Keep...... Provorov Ghost Morin Sanheim Giroux Konecny Patrick Lindblom Couturier Hart Hagg

Dump Neuvirth Elliott MacDonald Gudas Weal Simmonds Voracek Lehtera Raffl Weise JVR Laughton

Flush Homer Lappy Gordon

Draft top 3 and offer sheet Matthews or Marner or Laine and use cap space to add speed and skill at forward and size and speed on defense and a solid backup goalie for Hart ...oh and add a good NHL caliber coach.

Good luck Mr Fletcher with all of that.
    sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

I see zero reason to protect Lindblom, Ghost, Patrick, or Morin
    . Morin injury history, Ghost weak defense and big head, Lindblom has shown zero, and Patrick nothing. Out of all all.of them I would give Patty and Ghost a chance somewhat.
    Why do Flyers fans consistently want to blame Homer? He at least had the balls right or wrong to try and correct the issues.
    I have tried all season to be optimistic but this team has deep issues. Jake, Simmer, etc... need to go. Jvr it's too early to be fair as he hasnt even had a real chance to be on the #1 pp.
    There is nothing wrong with making trades for good vets with contracts or with intent to sign either. Go after a splash and make a damn move.
    The season is looking like a bust at this point. I surrender.
    A huge issue I have is people thinking just because they are last means they get Hughes. Btw.... where is Hughes in the IIHF? Nursing an injury because they are trying to protect his draft status. He is not McDavid, Crosby, Kane, or Matthews.
    I am 100% on board for an offer to for any of the 3 you listed. However, I would target Stone and try to put something together for a damn good vet dman. As goalies go... go for Quick he would be the guy to bring in and split time with Hart. Yeah yeah he has been hurt but has always bounced back strong post injury.
    It is 100% time to stop believing the bs hype that all these sure thing prospects will work out. Trade them for value while they have it.
    Why not bring Meyers up at this point and sit McDonald? Minus Gudas and Haag out defense is balless. And our defense has zero experience winning at all. If we are relying on McDonald for experience we are screwed. Trade Simmer and Voracek yesterday. I cant fathom how Jake can score.so many points and not know how to play a puck along the damn boards.
    Dont trade Farabee or Frost.

Comment

I'm fine with trading Ghost...and Hagg..either or both would HAVE to go to bring in a quality veteran D-Man (Petrangelo? Seabrook?. Doughty?)

the only D who are untouchable imo , are Provo and Sanheim...

Forwards to trade: Simmonds, Jake, Patrick..only because he is injured again and he has a history of Concussions does he not? We don't want to go down that road again...Weal, Weise, JVR, TK(would have to be a 'can't miss' trade)...

I would actually keep Lindblom...he has shown some nice hands and smarts..he is still young...Raffl I would keep..he knows his role and actually wins puck battles on the boards..Varrone I'd keep..guy plays hard

as far as G....isn't it funny how history repeats itself...I seem to remember another Flyers Captain who had everything thrust on his shoulders..with no help from his supporting cast....

G is at that point in his career where he shouldn't be expected or perceived to be THE guy....rather the savvy veteran who produces without all the immense pressure on him..and I think he thrives better in that role...

Comment

Bill Meltzer
        January 23, 2019, 6:11 AM ET
        Why I Disagree with 'Lose for Hughes'
        ...To me, Flyers fans who beat the "lose for Hughes" drum haven't really thought through the risk vs. reward involved. First and foremost, you have to start with looking at WHY the Flyers' record is what it is this season and then exactly would it would entail for the team to sink back to the bottom and stay there...

...Lottery luck will be whatever it will be. The current-day lottery system is designed to discourage tanking. Finish dead last in the regular season and there is a 50.6 percent chance of picking fourth and only an 18.5 percent chance of getting the first selection (16.5 percent to pick second and 14.4 percent to pick third)...

...If you are eager to see the Flyers sustain the sort of collateral damage the rest of this season that it would take for the club to have an 18.5 percent chance at drafting Hughes (or a 16.5 percent chance at Kakko), that's your prerogative. I think it's foolhardy. That's not a slight on Hughes or Kakko, both of whom are excellent prospects...

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill...ntoms/45/97317

Last edited by Tim Kerr #12; 01-23-2019, 12:17 PM.
        Philadelphia Flyers #1
        Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
        The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

i think the central fallacy here is that what the fans want has some affect on the teams performance

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Kerr #12 View Post
            Bill Meltzer
            January 23, 2019, 6:11 AM ET
            Why I Disagree with 'Lose for Hughes'
            ...To me, Flyers fans who beat the "lose for Hughes" drum haven't really thought through the risk vs. reward involved. First and foremost, you have to start with looking at WHY the Flyers' record is what it is this season and then exactly would it would entail for the team to sink back to the bottom and stay there...

...Lottery luck will be whatever it will be. The current-day lottery system is designed to discourage tanking. Finish dead last in the regular season and there is a 50.6 percent chance of picking fourth and only an 18.5 percent chance of getting the first selection (16.5 percent to pick second and 14.4 percent to pick third)...

...If you are eager to see the Flyers sustain the sort of collateral damage the rest of this season that it would take for the club to have an 18.5 percent chance at drafting Hughes (or a 16.5 percent chance at Kakko), that's your prerogative. I think it's foolhardy. That's not a slight on Hughes or Kakko, both of whom are excellent prospects...

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill...ntoms/45/97317

Agree

Comment

I want Hughes, Cozens, or kakko.
              I want Jake out.
              I want simmer out.
              I want rafl out.
              I want mcD out.
              I want Hart to be a solid #1

All of this things can happen except the first one UNLESS the finish last or bottom 3. . Or very close to the bottom... So I want them to lose a lot. If you want to call it tanking, so be it. If you want to call it something else, so be it. Either way, this team is going no where unless they get more high end young talent. This draft has talent we need
              "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
                I want Hughes, Cozens, or kakko.
                I want Jake out.
                I want simmer out.
                I want rafl out.
                I want mcD out.
                I want Hart to be a solid #1

All of this things can happen except the first one UNLESS the finish last or bottom 3. . Or very close to the bottom... So I want them to lose a lot. If you want to call it tanking, so be it. If you want to call it something else, so be it. Either way, this team is going no where unless they get more high end young talent. This draft has talent we need
                That's not true, every non playoff team has a chance at #1. Like right now we have a 7.5% chance of getting #1 overall.

Comment

Yea yea yea ... We all know every non playoff team has a chance.
                  We all ALSO know the the % chances to draft 1 2 or 3 are MUCH GREATER for the bottom 3 teams in the league.

So, would you rather have MORE ping pong balls in the hopper, thus giving you a greater chance to get an elite talent, or would you want LESS ?
                  "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
                    Yea yea yea ... We all know every non playoff team has a chance.
                    We all ALSO know the the % chances to draft 1 2 or 3 are MUCH GREATER for the bottom 3 teams in the league.

So, would you rather have MORE ping pong balls in the hopper, thus giving you a greater chance to get an elite talent, or would you want LESS ?
                    I want a team that next year can compete with the best teams and plays to win. I want to know what players are redundant right now and what players should be getting a chance in the NHL. I want to see Hart succeed in his first year in the league without damaging his confidence. I want a team that has a winning culture and learns to overcome obstacles at any cost. As we saw with drafting Patrick at #2 maybe it would have been better to be drafting at #5 that year. Hughes, Cozens, and Kakko are not Matthews level of players and I see no reason to jeopardize player development and instill any type of a loser culture in this club. We will draft where we draft. If we get a top 3 pick that's awesome but no reason to cheer for this team to lose.

Comment

Working...
                    X