No announcement yet.

GDT: Flyers vs Hurricanes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you're right IF we keep him. I hope you're wrong if we move him.
    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post
      Patrick pales in comparison to McDavid, Eichel and Matthews but that's not his fault. People needed to tone down their expectations for him from the beginning.
      I agree with that being part of it and the Flyers just having some bad luck (look at some other 2nd-overall picks since the draft lottery and while other teams in good years ended up with the likes of Malkin, Eichel, and Laine, the Flyers ended up with JVR & Patrick. Not his fault.)

Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post
      Injuries have held him back along with Hakstol's usage of him. He should have been broken in as a third line center with lots of o-zone starts until he got settled into the league. Now when you watch him play you can see that his confidence has been blown. He needs a rebuild with that.
      What I see in Patrick is another Keith Primeau type player in the future and that's not bad at all. The Wings lost confidence with Primeau and shuffled him off for peanuts and lived to regret it. Hopefully the Flyers will stand back, re-examine what they have in Patrick and develop him properly.
      His usage reminds me of that of another organization first-round pick I think that was too rushed: Laughton. And Laughton needed quite of bit of a reset with extended time back in the OHL and later in the AHL. Now, Patrick is a much more talented player and should have a different future role, but I just can't get away from the parallels I'm noticing to this point in the rushed early usage retarding the player's development track.

Comment

Laughton was a late 1st. hes basically playing the position now that he was expected to play.

Comment

Working...
        X