Name 2 players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name 2 players

Name 2 players you would like to see the Flyers go after at the trade deadline. Please exclude the obvious high draft pick such as Hughes.
    My 2... Stone cuz he brings size, some grit, and can score. My second choice is more difficult because they need real leadership on the blue line, so I'm gonna really reach here and say Pieterangelo.
    I'm well aware it will cost alot, maybe you can move Jake and or Simmer in these moves. Sign Stone long term and hes there for a good stint.

Stone is a no brainer, good call. I'd like a vet dman to settle the back end....someone like Muzzin...an experienced winner with pedestrian pedigree...a lunch box warrior....Jason Smith in current era.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
      Stone is a no brainer, good call. I'd like a vet dman to settle the back end....someone like Muzzin...an experienced winner with pedestrian pedigree...a lunch box warrior....Jason Smith in current era.
      Literally what I was gonna post. I like Stone a lot... but I'd like to see a "Jason Smith" type on D... not sure who perfectly fits the bill, but Muzzin might be a solid one.

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post
        Name 2 players you would like to see the Flyers go after at the trade deadline. Please exclude the obvious high draft pick such as Hughes.
        My 2... Stone cuz he brings size, some grit, and can score. My second choice is more difficult because they need real leadership on the blue line, so I'm gonna really reach here and say Pieterangelo.
        I'm well aware it will cost alot, maybe you can move Jake and or Simmer in these moves. Sign Stone long term and hes there for a good stint.
        I like those choices, if not Stone, then Panarin.

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj

I like those choices, if not Stone, then Panarin.
          Why you would give up anything of value at the trade deadline for these two potential UFA’s for this sad sack team makes absolutely no sense to me.

Sure if you can trade Jordan Weal for Stone go for it

If you can trade Michael Neuvirth for Artemi Panarin go for it

Pretty sure you won’t have any takers for those deals lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post

Why you would give up anything of value at the trade deadline for these two potential UFA’s for this sad sack team makes absolutely no sense to me.

Sure if you can trade Jordan Weal for Stone go for it

If you can trade Michael Neuvirth for Artemi Panarin go for it

Pretty sure you won’t have any takers for those deals lol

Because you get first dibs on signing them long term. Bring them in... wine, dine, and sign.

Comment

Tuuka Rask and William Nylander

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08

Because you get first dibs on signing them long term. Bring them in... wine, dine, and sign.
                Those two players will be traded at the trade deadline to contending teams ... for a good return

I wouldn’t give up significant assets for a ‘wine and dine’ period... waste of assets

Comment

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post

Those two players will be traded at the trade deadline to contending teams ... for a good return

I wouldn’t give up significant assets for a ‘wine and dine’ period... waste of assets

Not so sure they will go to a contender. Cap issues etc... And I certainly would give something up to get players like this. I'm certain the current roster isnt going anywhere and there are zero prospects that are guaranteed to be as talented as them. You dont have to give up Frost or Farabee to make these moves. I definitely wouldn't give up our first rounder either cuz its gonna be a good one. A pipeline of maybes for solid current players... sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post

But as Strohs said...this would only make sense if you are trading away little of value. If you're making a real trade where you are giving up real assets, i'd say NO WAY to acquiring a player who is not locked down.

But to answer your original question, i really like your Pieterangelo suggestion (he's exactly what we're needing)...but i don't see the Blues giving up on him. So i'll name a couple of other guys.

My first dream would be to acquire Jamie Benn. I think he's the perfect replacement for Simmonds. The price will be high...but we can make this work.

My second target would be someone like Mattias Ekholm - 28y; signed until 21/22 @ $3.75/yr (i'd actually prefer Ryan Ellis - 28yr; signed until 26/27 @ $6.25/yr).

Comment

Working...
                    X