Name 2 players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

But as Strohs said...this would only make sense if you are trading away little of value. If you're making a real trade where you are giving up real assets, i'd say NO WAY to acquiring a player who is not locked down.

But to answer your original question, i really like your Pieterangelo suggestion (he's exactly what we're needing)...but i don't see the Blues giving up on him. So i'll name a couple of other guys.

My first dream would be to acquire Jamie Benn. I think he's the perfect replacement for Simmonds. The price will be high...but we can make this work.

My second target would be someone like Mattias Ekholm - 28y; signed until 21/22 @ $3.75/yr (i'd actually prefer Ryan Ellis - 28yr; signed until 26/27 @ $6.25/yr).
    Good suggestions. I like them all.
    This post wasnt really about should they as much as who would you want. That being said.... I would gladly give up assets to land Stone and sign him. I think people over value alot of prospects.... aka Hextall. Not adding proven talent has crippled this team. I like Ellis alot btw. Good call.

Comment

Kapanen and Pieterangelo. Simmonds and Raffl for Kapanen; Voracek and Ghost for Pieterangelo.
      Last edited by flyers19rw; 01-08-2019, 10:34 PM.
      "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

To cut down on redundancy and adding another thread I'm gonna ask this. When is it ok to start adding proven talent to this team? It will be 5 seasons of stocking the cupboards with prospects. So when can they start adding and winning. I see alot of whining about how terrible they are, myself included. We gonna rebuild another 3 years? I am calling bs on this strategy. First, there are no guarantees any of these prospects pan out including Frost or Farabee. I am not suggesting trading those 2 but cmon....go get PROVEN talent and give up guys that may or may not work out. I'm tired of the rebuild garbage and the wait til next season or the season after until so and so gets some experience. Again the Edmonton Oilers strategy rarely works. People act like all those kids are somehow more valuable than a guy in his mid 20s who score 30 goals a year? When did this fan base become the Penguins fanbase exactly? I want a team that competes every year not this garbage. Dont say it cant happen either because Tampa and Pittsburgh have been doing it for years. They make moves to improve their teams! Yeah Pitt blew it to get Crosby but it's not like a Crosby is waiting in the draft. People way overvalue the prospects here. How are Patty and Lindblom doing? Seriously atm Varone is better than both. We waiting on Rubstov, Morin (if he is ever healthy again), Aub Kubel, Cates, Ratcliffe? All probably a few seasons away. I'm tired of the trash on ice and the mentality that somehow a few may pan out. So we just sit back and watch them suck 3 more seasons? Why? The term Rebuild is total bs after this season period. 5 years is more than enough time for a rebuild!

Comment

Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post
          Kapanen and Pieterangelo. Simmonds and Raffl for Kapanen; Voracek and Ghost for Pieterangelo.
          Dude I like Kapanen alot! Like the moves! You are hired!

Comment

Forget the forward and defense, getting a flipping goalie and it will improve the existing players as they have confidence the goalie can make a save and not get injured. Seriously man. If they continue to run 7 goalies out there over 40 games, it wonít matter if you have the established players, it erodes them. No wonder they are sleepwalking

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ
              Forget the forward and defense, getting a flipping goalie and it will improve the existing players as they have confidence the goalie can make a save and not get injured. Seriously man. If they continue to run 7 goalies out there over 40 games, it wonít matter if you have the established players, it erodes them. No wonder they are sleepwalking
              Their most pressing need is a 1A/1B goalie

If Hart keeps playing like he has been playing behind this horrible defense I would say he has the starters job to lose in camp next year

Hopefully his game doesnít regress like Provorovís did this year, or even worse, falls off the cliff like Patrickís did ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post

Because you get first dibs on signing them long term. Bring them in... wine, dine, and sign.
                Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
                  No doubt that they need stability in net. Let's be realistic though, any goalie who faces the shots the defense gives up is a sitting duck. How many prime shots from the slot have they surrendered or cross ice passes for one timers? I'm not arguing a need for a goalie, I just feel that until they fix the defensive part of the game it doesnt matter.

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post

Because you get first dibs on signing them long term. Bring them in... wine, dine, and sign.
                    Originally posted by alxhj View Post

Thank you
                    Can't that be done cheaper in trade after the season ends instead of at or before the trade deadline in season? See, e.g., the trade for Hartnell and Timonen that I think was before the draft after the season, and still cost a first-round pick just for the rights in order to negotiate. That one admittedly worked out in eventually getting both players signed.

With no hopes of going anywhere this season, I would not want to pay any increased premium just to have players I want to try to get under contract for next year & beyond play some meaningless games this year ... hell, playing in games with this team the way they have been going might hurt the chances of signing a soon-to-be UFA here.

Comment

Originally posted by AIK1891 View Post

Can't that be done cheaper in trade after the season ends instead of at or before the trade deadline in season? See, e.g., the trade for Hartnell and Timonen that I think was before the draft after the season, and still cost a first-round pick just for the rights in order to negotiate. That one admittedly worked out in eventually getting both players signed.

With no hopes of going anywhere this season, I would not want to pay any increased premium just to have players I want to try to get under contract for next year & beyond play some meaningless games this year ... hell, playing in games with this team the way they have been going might hurt the chances of signing a soon-to-be UFA here.
                      Honestly this season is over so personally I dont care when they make moves to retool. Trade deadline or off season. They need to dump some contracts by the deadline though and get some value.
                      The real reason for the post was just to see who is on your wish list.

Comment

Working...
                      X