Weal Traded To Arizona

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weal Traded To Arizona

Basically looks like a salary dump here...got back an ECHL d-man and a sixth. No big loss...Weal just isn't an NHL talent. Has speed and not much else.

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flye...rs/c-303796674

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have traded center Jordan Weal to the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for a sixth-round pick in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft and defenseman Jacob Graves.

The announcement was made by Flyers Executive Vice President and General Manager, Chuck Fletcher.

Graves is currently with the ECHL's Norfolk Admirals, where he has seven points (2g-5a) in 32 games. He also spent parts of two seasons in the American Hockey League (2016-17 & 2017-18) with the Cleveland Monsters where he has eight points (4g-4a) in 42 games.

Weal departs the Flyers after recording nine points (3g-6a) in 28 games this season. Over parts of four seasons with the club where he recorded 19 goals and 23 assists for 42 points in 124 regular season games.

He was originally acquired by the Flyers in a trade three years ago, Jan. 6, 2016, with Los Angeles in exchange for forward Vincent Lecavalier, defenseman Luke Schenn and the Kings' third round draft pick in 2016, which they used to select Carsen Twarysnki.
    Mike Barr, Founder

i think more so we just got a 6th round pick for a UFA, and maybe gave weal a chance to show something before FA.

I like this move just because it starts to clarify the roster going forward.

Comment

speaking of tho, i would love for the flyers to take on some cap space problems right now in exchange for picks. 17m in cap space, 21m if simmonds is traded. could definitely help give a borderline team the cap space to swing a big deadline deal.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake
        speaking of tho, i would love for the flyers to take on some cap space problems right now in exchange for picks. 17m in cap space, 21m if simmonds is traded. could definitely help give a borderline team the cap space to swing a big deadline deal.
        What he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They've been butting up against the cap on the number of contracts for a few seasons now, no? Maybe doing more of this will make room for people who may have a future with the team.

Comment

Step one.

Comment

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Comment

Hopefully Weal doesn’t turn into Patrick Sharp 2.0 lol

Glad to see him go

He certainly wasn’t the worst player on the Flyers during his time with the Flyers, but I just want to see a different type of player on the team other than a small not very fast prone to taking too many penalties type of player

Next out the door ... Simmer ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fletcher's first move is one that deserves credit. He moved a player that belonged in the AHL for a sixth round draft choice. Its not much but it is something which is more than Weal would have returned if were just released or lost on waivers. Additionally, the Flyer retained none of his salary. Its not a lot of cap space but its there.
                  "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post
                    Fletcher's first move is one that deserves credit. He moved a player that belonged in the AHL for a sixth round draft choice. Its not much but it is something which is more than Weal would have returned if were just released or lost on waivers. Additionally, the Flyer retained none of his salary. Its not a lot of cap space but its there.
                    The greatest value I find in the move is the freed-up NHL roster space ... I've just been waiting to see who might be ready to come up from Lehigh for another/first look.

Comment

Working...
                    X