Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you expecting from a return in a Simmonds trade?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you expecting from a return in a Simmonds trade?

I'm wondering what fans are expecting the Flyers to receive back in a Simmonds trade at the deadline.

Personally, I'll be very disappointed if we don't get back a 1st rounder, a solid prospect not playing in the NHL and a young player still trying to make their mark in the NHL.

Also, just putting this out there...I don't think there is a chance Jake gets traded at the deadline. His contract just doesn't make sense to be traded for at the deadline (there will a lot more demand at the draft).

I think minimum need to be getting a 1st back and a B level prospect. If they can get another pick out of the process or a semi-prospect/roster player that's icing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder
      I think minimum need to be getting a 1st back and a B level prospect. If they can get another pick out of the process or a semi-prospect/roster player that's icing.
      I agree with this

We should get a first and a b level prospect

If he was having a good year we probably would get an A prospect instead.

Heís having a very bad year ... only thing in our favour is his cap hit is very low for what he could possibly bring in the playoffs so a lot of teams could make room for him.

Ya never know though some team could overpay like the Caps did with the Preds in 2013 for Martin Erat..

Caps acquired Martin Erat from the Preds in a futile attempt to shore up their roster in the 2013 playoffs. They shipped Filip Forsberg (heard of him? Lol) to the Preds for Erat and Michael Latta.

Now Latta was a pretty decent prospect at the time I think.

But wow that trade worked out great for the Preds.

Meanwhile Erat played a grand total of 62 games for the Caps scoring 2 goals and 25 assists.

Within two years of acquiring him he was no longer in the NHL.

OMG I wish we could end up with a deal like that ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
        I'm wondering what fans are expecting the Flyers to receive back in a Simmonds trade at the deadline.

Personally, I'll be very disappointed if we don't get back a 1st rounder, a solid prospect not playing in the NHL and a young player still trying to make their mark in the NHL.

Also, just putting this out there...I don't think there is a chance Jake gets traded at the deadline. His contract just doesn't make sense to be traded for at the deadline (there will a lot more demand at the draft).
        To get this type of return I think the acquiring team needs to have an extension signed.

Comment

I think youíre on the right track... young player, prospect and a first rounder... that seems to be the standard for a coveted deadline rental. Itís what we got for Forsberg last time we were this bad and it helped return us to respectability immediately.

as for Jake, I would try to work him into a deal for a pending UFA that isnít likely to resign where he is... like Panarin, Stone or even Duchene. Even if we donít extend the guy we get back, weíre freeing up the cap space.

Comment

Maybe a team will cough up some value for Simmonds but I doubt it. They should be able to see what we do, a guy who is in serious decline for the last season and a half. He'll probably come around next season when he's healthy but right now he's not. The same is true for other possible Flyers trade targets. Voracek has been playing some seriously lazy and dumb hockey. (Keith Jones and JJ made that clear the other night) Gostisbehere has forgotten how to play defense. These guys are flawed. Are teams going to give up quality return for re-hab projects?
            Someone suggested Simmonds to Nashville for Ekholm. Others have said Simmonds for Kapanen. If that's out there, Fletcher should grab it and run. I doubt that he'll net that type of return. Teams may offer 2nd rounders or such but that doesn't really help the Flyers. They need competent players in return not DCs which complicates trading anyone.
            "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Ugh.... personally I would rather see Jake go before Simmer. I think Simmer lands a 1st max maybe a 3rd next year as well and I think that is high for him. Simmer has nothing this year to prove that value.
              Jake needs to go 2 months ago. His effort is a joke and he is just lazy.
              The Flyers need Stone and a Dman. Stone is the perfect fit for these guys. Will cost them Patty and a dman Meyers or Ghost.
              Ghost is getting his butt handed to him on a nightly basis and there is nothing showing to me that he can sustain a good NHL career. Physically he is outmatched against all but Amac.

Comment

Jake will be exposed in the expansion draft along with some other dead weight.
                Last edited by Tim Kerr #12; 01-13-2019, 04:58 AM.
                Philadelphia Flyers #1
                Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

i think we should trade Simmonds for a good two way player.....kidding....

Comment

Just looking to the draft, every team except Ottawa (possibly 1st overall?!?) still has their first-round pick for 2019, so I think a first-rounder has to be a key piece ... plus more teams with available firsts can get in on discussions this year.

Still a little hard to gauge at this point I think. Pending UFA Forsberg, coming off of the limiting foot injuries, returned a top defensive prospect in Parent, a young player in Upshall, and 1st & 3rd rounders; despite down-year players parallels, Simmonds is no Forsberg. Schenn got two 1st rounders, but Flyers also had to take back two years of Lehterš. To be UFA Nash, last year, got the Rangers 3 players and 1st & 7th rounders, though Nash's career-ending injuries came after the trade.

Comment

Working...
                    X