Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers vs Jets

7PM EST

Take nine days off and then come back and play three in four. [As part of four in six.] Chill some beers now, it's going to be a busy week.

Last game between these two, the Flyers had good energy early but terrible goaltending and then they gave up. One thinks there might be some lingering resentment about that.

Weise was finally assigned to the Phantoms as part of Vorobyev getting called up. One wonders if Weise will actually play there.

Originally posted by dogzus
    7PM EST

Take nine days off and then come back and play three in four. [As part of four in six.] Chill some beers now, it's going to be a busy week.

Last game between these two, the Flyers had good energy early but terrible goaltending and then they gave up. One thinks there might be some lingering resentment about that.

Weise was finally assigned to the Phantoms as part of Vorobyev getting called up. One wonders if Weise will actually play there.
    I would imagine he plays as thatís his best chance - to play well down there and hopefully someone wants him in a trade ... Weisse for nothing basically.

Still honestly canít believe he was sent down and Lehtera wasnít ...Iíd take Weisse over Lehtera right now any day of the week ... then Simply buy him out at the end of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With no more Iggles and not being much of a basketball fan, I'm happy there's some local ice hockey to watch tonight.

Comment

Dave Isaac
        @davegisaac
        Shayne Gostisbehere a late scratch. Apparently he was out there for warmups but left early. Did not see what caused the apparent injury. Christian Folin comes in for his first game since Jan. 12.

Last edited by Tim Kerr #12; 01-28-2019, 08:03 PM.
        Philadelphia Flyers #1
        Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
        The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Officially being called a lower body injury. We'll see if that's legit or if something is in the works.

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Philadelphia Flyers‏Verified account @NHLFlyers 3m3 minutes ago

More
          #Flyers defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere (lower body injury) is out. #WPGvsPHI
          Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

fingers crossed...that something is in the works

Comment

I feel like that if something was up that they wouldn't have said he's out with an injury, right?

Even so, I'm not in the trade Shayne camp unless there's a big return. His d was getting better until this season and when he's on he's hard to stop. So he's having a down season, like most of the team. But I've heard some mentions of locker room issues, so something else could be going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Niittyzus View Post
                I feel like that if something was up that they wouldn't have said he's out with an injury, right?

Even so, I'm not in the trade Shayne camp unless there's a big return. His d was getting better until this season and when he's on he's hard to stop. So he's having a down season, like most of the team. But I've heard some mentions of locker room issues, so something else could be going on.
                Just waiting for the hockeybuzz rumor to pop up. Lol

Yeah I agree with all you said. I think flyers fans are itching for a move (myself included) and it's easy to think something like this would happen.

Comment

On a bright side, an injury might free up a spot for a Myers call-up before Morin is ready to play?

But I've heard some mentions of locker room issues, so something else could be going on.
                  I really hope that Gostisbehere has not been near *****'*****'s wife.

Comment

I saw a tweet that Myers might play in the Ranger game.

Comment

Working...
                    X