• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dogzus
    started a topic GDT: Flyers vs Jets

GDT: Flyers vs Jets

7PM EST

Take nine days off and then come back and play three in four. [As part of four in six.] Chill some beers now, it's going to be a busy week.

Last game between these two, the Flyers had good energy early but terrible goaltending and then they gave up. One thinks there might be some lingering resentment about that.

Weise was finally assigned to the Phantoms as part of Vorobyev getting called up. One wonders if Weise will actually play there.

• flyerdog
    replied
    Originally posted by toothless joe View Post
    He will bring a great return, watch. my thing is that I think Fletch is offering 7.5 or 8 million for 3 years. Personally, I think he should go for it.
    and again Wayne and his agent are probably using JVR's contract as leverage...so Wayne probably wants at least 5 years

Leave a comment:

• toothless joe
    replied
    I believe term is the sticking point for Fletch and Simmonds.

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied
    Originally posted by toothless joe
    He will bring a great return, watch. my thing is that I think Fletch is offering 7.5 or 8 million for 3 years. Personally, I think he should go for it.
    Hockey GMs will give him more than 3 years which for Wayne is too much.

They havenít figured out that less term is better, unlike their baseball counterparts, whom this year and last year, have turned free agency in their sport completely upside down ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• toothless joe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• flyerdog
    replied
    i think it was tactical...Jets are a relentless pressure team..Folin was probably the better option defensively for them..Ghost would have been thrown around like a rag doll...anyone catch JR's comments after the game?

in short: agrees with keeping G, is ok with trading Simmonds and Voracek..even ghost..said to keep Provo...keep giving Hart the starts..

thought that Wayne might have felt slighted by the contract JVR was given..since Wayne himself was/is a 30 goal scorer...also said that he had no doubt that EVERY team in the league wants a player like Wayne..and that he should bring back a great return...

Leave a comment:

• Mike Barr
    replied
    Originally posted by AIK1891 View Post

Isn't that how Straka player a couple games a few years back -- he was the only Phantom in town when the call came? Maybe some ECHL called-up defenseman is the only defenseman left in Lehigh right now.
    For now they'll just play both MacDonald and Folin since they aren't travelling any kind of major distance (in NY tonight, in Boston Thursday). If Gostisbehere's injury is more than day to day, then they'll have to bring someone up.

Also, if Myers got the call, I think he'd be THRILLED to cut vacation short and come back to play in the NHL!

UPDATE: Per Bill Meltzer, Ghost may only miss tonight's game
    https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill...--NYR/45/97416

Shayne Gostisbehere suffered a lower body bruise before the game on Monday and was a late scratch from the Flyers' lineup. He will not play on Tuesday but stands a good chance to return for Thursday's game and is almost certain to be ready by Saturday at the latest. For now, Folin will start in Gostisbehere's place.
    Last edited by Mike Barr; 01-29-2019, 09:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AIK1891
    replied
    Originally posted by behn3 View Post

Myers is unlikely to play against the Rangers...Dave Isaac tweeted the Phantoms are on break and that Myers is back home in New Brunswick.
    Isn't that how Straka player a couple games a few years back -- he was the only Phantom in town when the call came? Maybe some ECHL called-up defenseman is the only defenseman left in Lehigh right now.

Leave a comment:

• dogzus
    replied
    Good goaltending makes a difference, huh?

And man it is hard to believe Konecny has played 200 games as a Flyer.

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied
    It would be really nice if the Flyers started facing some #1 goalies ....

I tried watching the game on NHL GCL down here in the Dominican but turned it off after the first eight minutes or so ... the wifi at the resort has been decent but apparently not strong enough to stream an NHL game ... lol ... it was so bad it was like I was watching the game through a car windshield that was frozen over with ice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X