• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart; Rookie of the Month

Any chance he has a shot at the Calder?
    https://www.nhl.com/news/carter-hart...19/c-304370776

Hopefully the first of many awards.

Even though Binnington had better stats, it seems like Hart gets it just for the sheer number of shots he faces and saves he had to make. Article says he made the most saves in the NHL for January.

Comment

I guess you are right. According to Bennington's stats, I might have picked him. But hell, what do I know.

Comment

The Flyers were giving up more high-danger chances than anyone during that stretch weren't they?

Hart only debuting close to mid-season probably hurts his consideration for rookie of the year. And he looks to be getting enough games that he won't be eligible for rookie of the year next year.

Let's think big. Flyers sneak into the playoffs and he wins the Conn Smythe instead.

Comment

I never dreamed in a million years that he wouldíve come up and played that well and so consistently ... heís been solid except for that one period in Carolina.

Heís gotta get strong consideration for rookie of the month .... even if his stats are similar or not quite as good as Binnington ... if memory serves correct Iím pretty sure heís several years younger than Binnington ... I just checked yup heís five years younger.

I think he will get it simply because you donít see 20 year old goalies very often and you donít see rookie goalies play like he has.

Heís really hurting my dream of first overall though I have to say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wonder how quickly Hart will get paid and locked down.

Comment

He's also now the save of the year champion

https://twitter.com/NHLNetwork/statu...63503726231554

Comment

Hart's GAA is .925. The other 8... .885.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
                  Hart's GAA is .925. The other 8... .885.
                  thats one less goal every 25 shots. i.e. over goal a game LESS. a 108 goal differential for a season.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

thats one less goal every 25 shots. i.e. over goal a game LESS. a 108 goal differential for a season.
                    Even if he only had a .912 it would still be super significant, at .925 it's ridiculous. Next season this team makes the playoffs no problem if Hart doesn't get injured or seriously regresses (which I can't see happening).

Comment

Working...
                    X