Hart; Rookie of the Month

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vedder

Even if he only had a .912 it would still be super significant, at .925 it's ridiculous. Next season this team makes the playoffs no problem if Hart doesn't get injured or seriously regresses (which I can't see happening).
    He could regress ... with goalies who have amazing rookie seasons the road is littered with sophomore season failure.

Iíd be shocked if it happened to him ... heís so positionally sound, rarely out of position, rebound control is unreal ... it could happen ... but doubt it

If he somehow some way gets them into the playoffs he seriously has to get the Calder Trophy especially if Vancouver also misses the playoffs.

I still donít think they will make it...but this has been interesting to watch.

If he keeps this up for the next year .... around this time of year next year we could be debating the merits of what his second contract will look like.

Itís ridiculous what the owners are willing to lock up and pay young superstars with less than three years NHL experience ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
      Hart's GAA is .925. The other 8... .885.
      I'm not sure Hart <--> all of the other goalies paints the clearest picture. Hart is 16GP for 2.48 .925 ...
      ... but, greatly limited by injury, Elliot (remember him?) sits at 14GP for 2.59 & .911.
      Stolarz's numbers, while not great, aren't bad numbers for a back-up (and I think they are deflated by a few bad spots at the end of Hakstol's tenure?).

It's the other four -- Pickard, Neivirth (remember him?!?), McKenna, and Lyon that have been atrocious.

Also, oddly, Elliot has a losing record with his decent numbers, while Pickard had a winning record with his horrible numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by AIK1891 View Post

I'm not sure Hart <--> all of the other goalies paints the clearest picture. Hart is 16GP for 2.48 .925 ...
        ... but, greatly limited by injury, Elliot (remember him?) sits at 14GP for 2.59 & .911.
        Stolarz's numbers, while not great, aren't bad numbers for a back-up (and I think they are deflated by a few bad spots at the end of Hakstol's tenure?).

It's the other four -- Pickard, Neivirth (remember him?!?), McKenna, and Lyon that have been atrocious.

Also, oddly, Elliot has a losing record with his decent numbers, while Pickard had a winning record with his horrible numbers.
        Sometimes it's not the goals you give up it's the ones you don't.

Comment

And sometimes we scored 5 to help a kid like Pickard out. Small sample re Pickard...over the long haul he'd lose his fair share me thinks.

Comment

elliott is a perfectly good goalie when healthy.

Comment

I am over him. Next!!

Comment

And, for much of the statistical disparities, they reflect the wildly-inconsistent performance through stretches of this season of the teams taking the ice in front of the goalies. Elliot's second-best-on-the-team decent numbers even include that pasting in home opener v. San Jose where he gave up something like 8 goals on 50 shots.

But, there is also the quality of the performance. Except for a few Stolarz instances, I don't remember thinking of any other goalie this season aside from Hart -- despite W-L records or stats -- that I especially thought robbed an opponent to keep the Flyers in a game they were getting outplayed in.

Comment

The end!

Comment

Working...
                  X