Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers vs Canucks

7PM EST

The Flyers have improbably returned to their special place, hockey .500.

This is usually where the trouble starts, as they perpetually bump into it like a glass ceiling. They've been lucky to prevail in the last couple of games where a lack of compete early spotted the other team a lead.

Interesting to note that the Canucks are 24-22-6 to Philly's 23-23-6, and they are in the lower WC in the west while the Flyers are 4 points out. [I thought they were 7 out the other day but the Sabres are the lower WC with 56 points to the Flyers 52.]

If the Flyers at least put in a solid 20 to start, and Hart keeps up his standard of play, an eighth W in a row seems on order.

Originally posted by dogzus View Post
    7PM EST
    ... and they are in the lower WC in the west while the Flyers are 4 points out. [I thought they were 7 out the other day but the Sabres are the lower WC with 56 points to the Flyers 52.]

... .
    The standings I just saw I believe had BUF 3pts out as the first non-Wild Card team, with CBJ holding the lower WC at 59pts, 7pts up on PHI. (and both BUF and/or CBJ with 1 or more games in hand (?) )

Comment

Yeah it didn't make any sense that the gap could have closed without the Flyers adding points. Even if teams ahead of them were losing, they would remain ahead based on points in the bag.

I checked ESPN's standings page, and it is missing the Bruins if you select the WC view. That puts a few teams including the Flyers closer than they really are. Weird. Not the first time ESPN's site has been wrong.

Comment

As a franchise we're at 1999 wins. Also last goaltender to win 7 in a row before the age of 21 was Carey Price. C'mon boys put an effort in from the start tonight and make it 8.
        sigpic

Comment

Stolarz had the fifth win in the streak. Hart has won his last six starts. So he'd need tonight plus one more. And apparently Stolie is getting the start against LA, so it would be Anaheim on Saturday when he could get his chance.

Comment

The record is for one goalies streak. Is doesn't matter who else plays. It's not a team thing, an individual thing. Hart has 6 individual wins in a row.

Comment

I'm not advocating for Gordon to get the full time job, obviously Q is the best choice. That being said it just shows how much Hak lost touch with this team. Hak and his attitude to young guys held those kids back. Hart is definitely making a difference but look at Patty and Lindblom. Ice time equals confidence.

Comment

Hart just seems unflappable. The one goal against him was a goofy play that could cause him to question his decision to go out and play the puck. But no, after that he makes some great saves, including his best of the season on the rebound to his right where he threw his body post to post. Just amazing.

The Flyers played an uneven game, sloppy too often and gave up Grade A scoring chances but Hart erased them. I won't say he "stole" a victory but he certainly prevented them from blowing it.

So we're up to 8 straight wins and legitimately in the playoff race. Who saw this coming a few weeks ago? It's fun, that's for sure! Hope they can keep it up and not suffer a big losing streak that offsets it.
                Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

I.would say that save late in the third qualifies as.a.theft of a.game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Barr View Post
                    Hart just seems unflappable. The one goal against him was a goofy play that could cause him to question his decision to go out and play the puck. But no, after that he makes some great saves, including his best of the season on the rebound to his right where he threw his body post to post. Just amazing.

The Flyers played an uneven game, sloppy too often and gave up Grade A scoring chances but Hart erased them. I won't say he "stole" a victory but he certainly prevented them from blowing it.

So we're up to 8 straight wins and legitimately in the playoff race. Who saw this coming a few weeks ago? It's fun, that's for sure! Hope they can keep it up and not suffer a big losing streak that offsets it.
                    Great assessment but I still have this scary feeling Newtons Law will shine here. That being said you just cannot deny the difference Hart and Gordon have made. You realize no team has ever come back from a deficit this large since January. Only Ottawa 14 points behind.
                    I am at my first game in Philly ever on the 11th pk lease win and please start Hart. A month ago I was dreading this. 36 years a fan and finally get to go to a game in Philly!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X