Weise and Folin traded to the Habs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NCFlyer27613 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Weise responds. Looks like he will see at least one round of the playoffs. Probably best for both sides for this deal.
    He will? In the AHL?

Comment

EDIT... wrong thread
      Last edited by Tim Kerr #12; 02-09-2019, 06:56 PM.
      Philadelphia Flyers #1
      Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
      The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450

He will? In the AHL?
        I think he can play on a fourth line in the NHL. He actually was decent for the Flyers this year ... last year he was awful.

Iím stoked they were able to get out from under the rest of his contract

Gotta say Fletch is making some great small moves so far .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

both players are perfectly serviceable bubble players. but they were just getting in our way. good trade!

Comment

Just read that the flyers didnít get out from any money on the trade

Comment

Only about $100K retained on Folins contract for this season. Nothing on Weise. That is big.

Comment

The Flyers definitely saved money on the cap, albeit not a lot. It basically breaks down to this:

Prior to the trade:
                Weise + Folin (both on roster): $3,150,000 this year; $2,350,000 next year
                Weise + Folin (Weise buried): $2,125,000; $1,325,000 next year

After the trade (Froese is in the minors, no hit... retained $150k on Folin):
                Schlemko (on roster): $2,250,000 this year; $2,100,000 next year
                Schlemko (buried): $1,225,000 this year; $1,075,000 next year

So the Flyers saved $900,000 on this year's cap and $250,000 off next year's cap with the current situation (Schlemko buried).

Comment

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post

I think he can play on a fourth line in the NHL. He actually was decent for the Flyers this year ... last year he was awful.

Iím stoked they were able to get out from under the rest of his contract

Gotta say Fletch is making some great small moves so far .....

In fairness most of the moves are housecleaning....well see what he can squeeze out of someone for Simmer.....first real big move.

Comment

Weise officially called up to play on 4th line for Habs. He has balked at talking to reporters about his Philly experience. That tells me he is carrying some negativity to the O&B.

I believe the Flyers play the Habs next week...looking forward to seeing the Dutch Gretzky.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450
                      Weise officially called up to play on 4th line for Habs. He has balked at talking to reporters about his Philly experience. That tells me he is carrying some negativity to the O&B.

I believe the Flyers play the Habs next week...looking forward to seeing the Dutch Gretzky.
                      Wow ... he should be lucky they didnít hurt him in the minors for another year ... they found a home for him where he could actually play...

wonder if heís carrying negativity for the fact they signed him to a three year deal for too much money too lol

Ah well, what can ya do...

Comment

Working...
                      X