Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers vs Sabres

7PM EST

One point separates these teams in the standings. A win by any means tonight would move the Flyers up one place closer to the lower WC spot.

The first game of the post-Simmonds era. Unknown if Ryan Hartman will play.

Morin has been called up but it seems unlikely he will play, especially with Gudas coming back from his two game suspension.

I'm still in a good mood from the win over the Pens, so keep it rolling.

I thought Gudas had one more game? Guess I'm wrong!

Comment

Flyers and Sabres are 1-1 on the season, but tonight the. Sabres will face their 4th (dare I say, possibly 5th) Flyers goaltender in 3 games.

Comment

Dressing 7 defensemen tonight...Bailey has been returned to the AHL. Why can't they just do the smart thing and bench MacDonald? I don't get it. From Bill Meltzer:

The Flyers returned forward Justin Bailey to the Phantoms on Monday.

Lastly, the Flyers recalled defenseman Samuel Morin on Monday from his conditioning assignment to the Phantoms after rehabbing a torn ACL suffered in the second round of the Calder Cup playoffs last season. At Monday's practice, Morin skated on the "fourth pairing" with Myers.

However, Gordon said after practice that he had not yet determined his team's defense pairs against Buffalo; specifically whether Myers (whose play the last two games was very solid and praised by the coach) or another defenseman would be scratched on Tuesday. There was a coaches' meeting in the afternoon to discuss the plan for Tuesday. Morin is unlikely to dress yet for the Flyers but, if Myers stays in the lineup with Radko Gudas returning from a two-game NHL suspension, Andrew MacDonald or perhaps even Robert Hägg might be a scratch.

Per the Flyers' official site, either Varone or Knight will be scratched (sounds like Varone).

The Flyers will dress seven defensemen and 11 forwards for Tuesday's game, according to Gordon. He did not name the forward who would sit out, saying he wanted to speak to the player first. For what it's worth, Phil Varone was the final forward on the ice at the end of the skate.

* Gordon indicated that he planned to give defenseman Travis Sanheim an extended opportunity to play on the second power play unit as part of a three forwards/two defensemen arrangement. With the trade departure of Wayne Simmonds, Sean Couturier has been moved back onto the first power play unit. Unit two consists of Nolan Patrick, Oskar Lindblom and Travis Konecny with Ivan Provorov and Sanheim at the points.

GORDON: "I want to give him a look with a little more consistency. We've kind of used hime when time was winding down and with two defensemen, but I'm not a fan of four forwards on the second unit. It can be a bit of chaos when all of sudden you're in the zone and there can be a bit of pressure and next thing you know the puck pops out and the guy could be coming out of the box like it did in Montreal and you've given up a goal you probably shouldn't have."

* The last skater on the ice for the Flyers was Sam Morin, who was recalled on Monday from a conditioning stint with the AHL's Lehigh Valley Phantoms as he navigates the final stages of his recovery from ACL repair surgery last May. On Tuesday, Morin engaged in a full-fledged bag skate to continue working toward getting back his NHL game-ready conditioning. He celebrated the end of the lengthy session by sliding on the ice and laying in the accumulated snow for about 20 seconds before skating to the bench with a big grin.

FLYERS LINE PLAY (subject to change)

28 Giroux - 19 Patrick - 11 Konecny
        23 Lindblom - 14 Couturier - 93 Voracek
        25 van Riemsdyk - 21 Laughton - 12 Raffl
        10 Knight or 44 Varone - 38 Hartman

9 Provorov - 6 Sanheim
        53 Gostisbehere - 3 Gudas
        8 Hägg - 47 MacDonald
        61 Philippe Myers

37 Elliott
        [33 Talbot]

Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Man, what do you do when you're traded for a fan favorite and heart soul type of guy to endear yourself to the fan base? Exactly what Hartman did on his first shift!

Comment

Perfect first shift for Hartman. Huge hit, scrap, draw penalty

Comment

good for Hartman. whether or not he works out here in philly... he GETS it. perfect first shift. At a time when this BS with that overrated turd harper just keeps dragging on... nice to see a kid who embraces the city and understands what it means to have the PRIVILEDGE to play in philly. bravo, Hartman!

Comment

Ghost the turnstile on the 2nd goal

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
                  Ghost the turnstile on the 2nd goal
                  I am so glad someone else saw that. He has zero interest in playing defense.

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post

I am so glad someone else saw that. He has zero interest in playing defense.
                    They ragged on him during the intermission on TV too for that play.

Comment

Working...
                    X