• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dogzus
    started a topic GDT: Flyers @ Blue Jackets

GDT: Flyers @ Blue Jackets

7:00PM EST

The playoffs begin tonight. Another four point game against a team immediately ahead of them in the race for the lower WC spot.

The Flyers have 19 games left and pretty much need 30 points out of that to even think they'll have enough to pass the teams ahead of them for the WC slots. That would give them 97. If the Pens and Canadiens maintain their current PPG, they'll wind up with 96.

That means not losing in regulation more than 4 times the rest of the way. Amazingly, that's a pace they just played over their last 20, going 15-4-1. Now they have to do it again, and some of the competition is a bit more stacked in this last set of games.

Looks like Myers is going to get a full load tonight and AMac will sit. Also interesting, buried in Meltzer's GDT, is that Hart's injury is an ankle. Sounds less likely to be a chronic problem than folks feared.

• alxhj
    replied
    Thanks guys..............not sure if it was smart to sit him IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• dogzus
    replied
    He played a few more shifts after that, at about his regular frequency. They shortened up the bench in the third. Varone and Knight didn't play from then either.

Leave a comment:

• flyers19rw
    replied
    Originally posted by alxhj View Post

Elliot looked to be hanging on by a thread. What happened to Hartman? Did he get injured? I didn't get to see the game until the late 2nd period and the third, and I didn't see him playing.
    Hartman took a penalty for charging at about eight minutes in the second period and I don't think that he saw much ice after that.

Leave a comment:

• toothless joe
    replied
    Elliot didn't look all that great. He is in a bit over his head, right now. It would be nice to get Hart back. Hartman was there. Not quite the impact in game 1. He played decently with Laughton, however. I think they will click sooner than later.

Leave a comment:

• alxhj
    replied
    Originally posted by sswin08 View Post

Yep that was Jake's guy the whole way. Out hustled by Jones. Damn disappointing game. Meyers played well but I don't think Elliot did.
    Elliot looked to be hanging on by a thread. What happened to Hartman? Did he get injured? I didn't get to see the game until the late 2nd period and the third, and I didn't see him playing.

Leave a comment:

• toothless joe
    replied
    Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post
    The delay of game call was a terrible call ...

Columbus is a much stronger team than us they def deserve a playoff spot, INO let them be first round fodder for TBL.

Just wish we would keep sinking in the standings now because we arenít making the playoffs.

It would be really nice if Pittsburgh misses too somehow lol

Canít say I am board with what you are saying. Will they make the playoffs? Probably not. But, look at the team, right now. Just about all of our youngsters are playing meaningful minutes. You want to see them tank? I donít mind them losing. Just play hard and get experience for next year. The playoffs should be in play, next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied
    The delay of game call was a terrible call ...

Columbus is a much stronger team than us they def deserve a playoff spot, INO let them be first round fodder for TBL.

Just wish we would keep sinking in the standings now because we arenít making the playoffs.

It would be really nice if Pittsburgh misses too somehow lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dogzus
    replied
    Hoping they make the playoffs is all about meaningful experience for the young guys.

Jake had a goal and an assist tonight but was super disruptive to so many possessions. It seemed like he was surprised countless times when the puck came to him.

The delay of game call on Elliott was not good.

That was just a crazy game all over, weird bounces, overturned goals, collisions between guys not seeing each other. Was really glad to see Patrick back in the game quickly after he took that uncalled head shot.

Leave a comment:

• sswin08
    replied
    Originally posted by swami24 View Post
    I am being realistic. Not winning a playoff series hasn't helped the guys that have been on the team in the last 6 years.
    For the record neither has not making the playoffs. How many more prospects and draft picks do they need until everyone is satisfied? Time for trial by fire.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X