Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers @ Devils

7PM EST

If I were to answer the "do they make the playoffs" poll again today I'd probably change my answer to no. The last stretch of four games against WC competitors didn't go well. The Flyers got 5 points out of a possible 8, but they gave away 5 points as well. Regulation wins were the order of the day and they only got one.

Talbot to start tonight in this second game of back to backs. This goalies used in one season record will no doubt be the aspect of this season that people remember the longest.

This is the final meeting with the Devils this season. If nothing else, we can console ourselves with that.

Talbot starting tonight! We did it!

Comment

Pathetic power play.

Comment

Bad rebounds by Talbot led to the first two goals. He may not have had an option on the first,.but gave up a sweet one on the second

Comment

Good job by Patrick to get a little payback.
          I think he'll turn into a FORCE on the ice when he plays a little dirty/walk the line
          "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

A little sigh of relief noone was injured in the game. Devils were running guys all night it was nice to see them shrug it off and score goals. Talbot definitely needs to work on rebound control. However, it is his first game in 3 weeks. JVR is back!

Comment

He just seems like a nice guy. Doesn't have a mean streak in him-yet. He's going to learn that he needs to add that from time to time when opponents try to take advantage of him. He's going to be big enough that when he decides to keep things honest, he'll be a load to handle.
              "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

One thing I forgot.... I really like Meyers game so far. He seems legit and it makes me wonder why the hell it took them so long to bring him up.

Comment

That was another chaotic game. The Flyers took a bit too long to take over against an AHL squad. I must say I did like the amount of [Extremely Clement voice] "Why I oughta" that wound up taking place.

Only the tiniest bit of help on the scoreboard tonight. The Pens only got one, but it was a three point game where Buffalo got two. Montreal and Carolina both got two.

Random box score thoughts:

ESPN still has Myers as a forward (RW).
                  Lindblom was a -2 in a 6-3 win? The shift chart explains all. http://www.shiftchart.com/game/2019-03-01-flyers-devils

Next week is gonna be huge. Three straight games against the two teams currently tied for first in the Metro. Lose more than one and the odds go from bad to worse.

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post
                    One thing I forgot.... I really like Meyers game so far. He seems legit and it makes me wonder why the hell it took them so long to bring him up.
                    I said the same thing to a friend last night The kid might be a #2 before too long
                    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Working...
                    X