X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers @ Islanders

3PM EST

[A proper noon matinee for west coast viewers.]

The Islanders and the Caps are tied for first in the Metro, but the Islanders are one of the least hot teams in the division in the last 10, with 5 wins.

The Caps are next on the schedule. So it would only be fair for the Flyers to beat them both.

The Metro is getting really compressed at the top. There's only four points from the #1 teams to the lower WC slot. If the Flyers really go on like they have been and take a lot of points away from their remaining opponents, that could really scramble the standings. The Isles and Caps both still have 6 points up for grabs against Philly. Conversely these two teams could pretty much eliminate the Flyers all by themselves by sweeping them.

Why is Corban Knight dressing over Bailey, and doesnít he know that he probably doesnít deserve to wear number ten?

I mean he doesnít even deserve to wear number fourty...heís essentially a slower less skilled version of Jordan Weal.

He doesnít belong in the NHL.

Bailey didnít do anything IMO to deserve a demotion .

I donít get it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like Bailey too. It seemed as though, when Myers came in and they had 7 D and 11 Forwards, Bailey suddenly fell out of favor. I donít get it, either.
      Last edited by toothless joe; 03-03-2019, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post
        Why is Corban Knight dressing over Bailey, and doesnít he know that he probably doesnít deserve to wear number ten?

I mean he doesnít even deserve to wear number fourty...heís essentially a slower less skilled version of Jordan Weal.

I donít get it ...

I know, I had to do a double take when I saw number 10 out there. That being said, he seems to be a decent 4th liner. I didn't think Bailey was that noticeable out there when he played. To me it's a wash between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post

I donít get it ...

Bailey didnt do anything to stay either. Knight has a more complete gain I think. I like Bailey and the energy he plays with though. Flyers need some size and Bailey could add a little.

Comment

Didn't expect this...Flyers up 4-0 after two periods, capitalizing on their chances nicely and getting away with mistakes. They're playing okay, not great, but I'll take it. Big concern is Voracek being a late scratch due to a "lower body injury" and then Patrick got hit in the side of the head with a hard shot after going down on the ice. During the second they said he was "questionable to return" which is more positive than negative. Means no concussion and it probably depends on how bad the cut/bruise is on his head. With the score the way it is, I would imagine they'll err on the side of caution and sit him in the third as well. Hopefully he's good to go next game and so is Voracek.
            Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

I think TK is my favorite Flyer.

Comment

I like the fact that Simmonds isnít there and the team needs to summon up some courage and team play!

Comment

Good game by Elliot. They stepped and won a big game today. Washington Wednesday ugh... it just desnt get easy

Comment

Great game by Elliot. Someone should have traded for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X