Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers @ Islanders

7:00PM PST

They finally got some scoreboard help and squandered it with a terrible game against the Caps.

Canadiens, Blue Jackets and Hurricanes had all lost their most recent games.

Friday night brings more help with two eight-goal shellackings for Montreal and Carolina.

Flyers need to put a few wins together again now. For 97 points, they need 25 in 15. That's pretty thin. 12-2-1 is the worst they can do. Still, 4 wins to one loss, but one of those losses has to get at least an OT point.

Saturday has Pens vs Blue Jackets, Nashville vs Montreal. More help possible.

They just beat the Islanders six days ago.

They're not making the playoffs.

I'd be really happy though if they helped knock the Pens out of the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
      They're not making the playoffs.

I'd be really happy though if they helped knock the Pens out of the playoffs.
      While the odds are admittedly slim they are not done done. Let's pretend they win the two in hand over the Habs...3 pts from them with 13 to go and we have a head to head with them. CbJ are really searching for some confidence and they might well do something dumb like 7-10 down the stretch....they are 4-6 over last 10. So I do agree it's highly unlikely that we can sneak in I will continue to hope for the miracle.

Comment

Nobody is done done until they are officially eliminated... but the Flyers aren't making the playoffs. They'd have to be almost perfect AND hope 2 other teams in front of them stumble. Just not enough games left.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
          Nobody is done done until they are officially eliminated... but the Flyers aren't making the playoffs. They'd have to be almost perfect AND hope 2 other teams in front of them stumble. Just not enough games left.
          Sounds like you might give a fellow some odds on a bet in the matter....?

Comment

its certainly possible to make up 5 pts on 2 teams in 17 games, that happens. imo they got something like a 10% chance to get to the playoffs. 1% chance to get to the second round.

I think the only thing people are disagreeing about is whether a 10% chance is something they feel hopeful about.

Comment

I am a cup 90 percent full kinda guy

Comment

Come on Pittsburgh....CBJ up for this one it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
                  I am a cup 90 percent full kinda guy
                  I prefer to expect the realistic percentage, and be thrilled when they top it.

Comment

Ugh.... good game but not making up ground. Columbus won and Carolina gonna win. Needed that game against Washington. Really zero margin for error.

Comment

Working...
                    X