Voracek Suspended 2 games?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voracek Suspended 2 games?

For an interference? To me this absolute garbage.

w.t.f.

Comment

This league is a joke. MacDavid gets 2 for a semi-elbow, Voracek gets 2 for protecting himself with his BACK, Malkin gets 1 game for swinging a stick at Raffl's head. Makes sense, right?

If you don't think the league has an agenda, think again. There are different rules for different teams and players.

They might as well just come out and say they don't want the Flyers to make the playoffs (they probably won't anyway), and they absolutely want Pittsburgh in there.

This is where I'd love some teams' ownership groups coming out and making a statement about blatantly unequal treatment. It won't do anything coming from coaches, players or GM's (other than result in a fine). But if the owners are talking, it could get somewhere.
      Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

That's hot garbage. Voracek was protecting himself from getting steam rolled and braced for contact. Here is the NHL's take:

https://www.nhl.com/video/voracek-su...360/c-66731203

What is clear with the video is Boychuk skating at full speed straight at Voracek, what is he suppose to do, step out of his way?

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
          That's hot garbage. Voracek was protecting himself from getting steam rolled and braced for contact. Here is the NHL's take:

https://www.nhl.com/video/voracek-su...360/c-66731203

What is clear with the video is Boychuk skating at full speed straight at Voracek, what is he suppose to do, step out of his way?
          Exactly. I'll give them two for interference if they had called that since he was 10 feet away from the puck. Anything more than that is garbage. 5 minutes plus a 2 game suspension? It's ridiculous.
          Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

NHL doesn't want the Flyers to even attempt to get into the PO's

brutal decision and lame explanation

Comment

Good call. Dangerous play.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
                Good call. Dangerous play.
                Your kidding right? Its interference, a 2 minute penalty period. Now they can suspend for interference? 5 mins was bs.

Comment

initially both players thought the puck was going to reach jake. then when the puck flipped on itís side it slowed down, boychuk saw that and started to glide, jake didnít see it and initiated contact. thatís why boychuk wasnít prepared.

thats just a normal play gone wrong imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Barr View Post

This is where I'd love some teams' ownership groups coming out and making a statement about blatantly unequal treatment. It won't do anything coming from coaches, players or GM's (other than result in a fine). But if the owners are talking, it could get somewhere.
                    I recall Mario doing this a few years ago with his garage league comments... seems his team gets benefit of the doubt since

Comment

Working...
                    X