Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers vs Rangers

12:30PM ET - NBC

To the surprise of no one, the Flyers are out of the playoffs. Every chamber in the gun to put them out of their misery was loaded. The Canes beat them and then both Montreal and Columbus won upsets.

Yet, they have to finish out the schedule. Hart to start. Morin scheduled to sit and Ghost will be back. I guess Provorov is fine because he kept playing after his leg got jacked by Staal.

Talbot didn't help himself a lot in that game. Decent numbers to finish, but the early mistakes were the opposite of what Hart is getting a rep for - keeping the team in early until they get their legs going.

Winning won't get them anything at this point. How about losing? The Coyotes and the Wild are tied with and one point behind the Flyers respectively, and still have fighting chances to make WC spots in the west. Maybe they'll jump over the Flyers.

The Panthers are tied with one more game played. They have no reason to win either, so who knows.

Without too much trouble, the Flyers could end up 11th or 12th from last, down (up?) from 14th where they are now.

Odds of a top 3 pick would rise from 5% (1.5% for #1) to 9.9% (3.0% for #1).

The Rangers are sixth from last now, and could move up or down quickly as they are sort of packed in closely. They are coming off a win agains the playoff bound Blues.

Nice draft odds visualizer here: http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

Question: Who is Philip Broberg? He seems the current choice to be yet another tall-ish D-man in the Flyers pipeline.

2-0 Rags...looking good for our draft possibilities.

Comment

Nolan Patrick needs to be little more selfish. He us always looking to make a pass, even in clear shooting situations (actually, this is a team problem...trying to play Harlem Globetrotters hockey too much).

Comment

Guys going through the motions today...it is very obvious they have mailed it in!

Comment

The Flyers stink. I really hope some significant trades happen this summer. I can't stomach this same group anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
            The Flyers stink. I really hope some significant trades happen this summer. I can't stomach this same group anymore.
            I agree...I hope Fletcher is VERY active this summer!

Comment

They are sitting in the 12-14 range, as 3 teams are tied with 82 pts.

I am hoping the Flyers lose their last 3 games and a few teams out West get some a few wins, as I would love to get in a Top 10 spot before the lottery.

Comment

They played pretty well in the 2nd, sleep walked in the 1st.and 3rd.

Comment

Hart, Patrick, Lindblom, Konecny, Hartman - is the list of guys who looked like they were willing to compete in this game just because.

The Rangers still have four games left and the Flyers are only seven points ahead of them.

Comment

Originally posted by dogzus View Post
                    Hart, Patrick, Lindblom, Konecny, Hartman - is the list of guys who looked like they were willing to compete in this game just because.

The Rangers still have four games left and the Flyers are only seven points ahead of them.
                    one can only dream we'd rise that high in the draft.

go easy on these guys, they busted their *** for months trying to claw back in, dealing with all the turmoil with a new coach and a rare mid-season GM change. i totally get that they'd not be completely focused and engaged for the last 4 trash games now that its clear they failed, especially since winning only hurts the club in the long run anyway! you can see it all over their faces and with their body language, not a good feeling right now. they're human.
                    Last edited by clumsysnake; 04-01-2019, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X