The mettle of Chuck Fletcher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mettle of Chuck Fletcher

Now, is the time to start preparing for a big offseason.
    Does Gordon get fired? How quickly?
    Does Ghost get packaged for a 2nd line center?
    Does Fletcher sign Kaarlson? Who?
    This is a huge moment. I wonder/canít wait to see it unfold. Do we package our 10th pick for something?
    Does Q sign? Do we get the #1 we should have gotten, years ago? What about Jake? The core must be addressed!

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post
    Now, is the time to start preparing for a big offseason.
    (1) Does Gordon get fired? How quickly?
    (2) Does Ghost get packaged for a 2nd line center?
    (3) Does Fletcher sign Kaarlson? Who?
    This is a huge moment. I wonder/canít wait to see it unfold. (4) Do we package our 10th pick for something?
    (5) Does Q sign? Do we get the #1 we should have gotten, years ago? What about Jake? The core must be addressed!
    Not sure on how "Now" is defined for this question -- I'm expecting it's meant as short-term since it is mentioned with prep. for the offseason.

If as a 36- to 72-hour purging, other than what I've labeled as #1 in your list, I wouldn't expect anything until after the draft lottery results are announced (9-April) because it might, or might not, be significant ... yet there is plenty of time after the results for sorting out the mess up until the first time the Flyers can really start taking meaningful actions (around the draft, 21-June).

F***! Did I really just realize that there are about 10 weeks with nothing for the Flyers to do?!?! Along with around 6 months until meaning games again, I am so ****in' depressed!!

Comment

I think this will be a very eventful off season for the Flyers.
      #1 They will get a coach. Please be Q and not Fletcher guys from the past like Yeo or Bylsma.
      #2 Ghost needs addressed one way or the other. I personally dont think he is needed in Philly. Other Dmen like Provy and Sanheim can produce from the PP. Ghost is a glaring liability defensively.
      #3 Voracek. Man I'm up in the air with him. He has been a consistent point producer and seems to be speaking up lately about the Flyers lack of heart and effort. On the other hand he goes in lulls some times and you don't notice him on the ice. I think they keep him.
      #4 UFA or trade! What big name will be wearing orange and black next season. Make no mistake, a weapon or 2 will be added to this team. Panerin? Will they add a vet dman? Do they need a very dman after the way Gudad played this year?
      #5 Goalie.... Hart Hart Hart and some other guy to back him up. Nuff said.
      #6 Which prospects makes the roster this year? My money is on Frost. Anyone else? I also think Meyers and Morin make.it full time.
      #7 Time to take thehit and dump.garbage like Amac.
      #8 It is well past time to sit these guys down and lay the smack down. Seriously underachieved and anyone looking in from the outside can clearly see there is a locker room and accountability issue. Time to correct it now even if it means getting rid of some guys.

Comment

Florida has already asked permission to speak with Coach Q. The Flyers might need to act fast on the coaching front.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
          Florida has already asked permission to speak with Coach Q. The Flyers might need to act fast on the coaching front.
          I wonder if Florida, or other teams, are allowed to expressly say e.g. "We're targeting X & Y from CBJ in free agency this summer regardless of the cost" to lure Quenneville(?).

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post
            I think this will be a very eventful off season for the Flyers.
            #1 They will get a coach. Please be Q and not Fletcher guys from the past like Yeo or Bylsma.
            #2 Ghost needs addressed one way or the other. I personally dont think he is needed in Philly. Other Dmen like Provy and Sanheim can produce from the PP. Ghost is a glaring liability defensively.
            #3 Voracek. Man I'm up in the air with him. He has been a consistent point producer and seems to be speaking up lately about the Flyers lack of heart and effort. On the other hand he goes in lulls some times and you don't notice him on the ice. I think they keep him.
            #4 UFA or trade! What big name will be wearing orange and black next season. Make no mistake, a weapon or 2 will be added to this team. Panerin? Will they add a vet dman? Do they need a very dman after the way Gudad played this year?
            #5 Goalie.... Hart Hart Hart and some other guy to back him up. Nuff said.
            #6 Which prospects makes the roster this year? My money is on Frost. Anyone else? I also think Meyers and Morin make.it full time.
            #7 Time to take thehit and dump.garbage like Amac.
            #8 It is well past time to sit these guys down and lay the smack down. Seriously underachieved and anyone looking in from the outside can clearly see there is a locker room and accountability issue. Time to correct it now even if it means getting rid of some guys.

1 - I have a feeling that Fletcher will recycle someone he has worked with in the past (i pray it won't be Bylsma).
            2 - I agree with you 100%...we don't need Ghost with the other young talent we have that have really started to show what they can bring. The question here is...is Ghost's trade value where you want it to be to get real fair value for him? I think other GMs will try to undervalue him, but Fletcher needs to try to get that moving in the other direction by getting GMs to maybe try to outbid one another. I think Ghost is too offensively talented to be traded away just to get him out of here. If you can get the Leafs, Oilers and a couple of other teams to try to outbid one another and get a good forward in return...do it. But if the market brings back a 3rd or project back in return...just say NO.
            3 - This has to be an off-season where we shake up the leadership core. And in my opinion, that means Jake needs to be dealt. We need to send a message to the kids that bringing an hoset effort game in and game out is what is expected from them. Making a statement by trading Jake should be a positive in multiple ways...cap space...return should be decent (maybe not equal value)...and a clear change in the dynamics within the locker room.
            4 - Replacing Jake with Panerin will be a big time win for us. I'd like to try to also get a guy like Ferland or Kevin Hayes to bring some beef up front. As for trade market, i'm wondering what the Kings would ask in a return for Carter. His contract has 3 more years left at just under $5.3M per. Another guy who could be had cheap is Tyler Johnson (scored 29 goals...but his contract has 5 more years at $5M per). I'd also ask about Huberdeau (4 years left at $5.9M per).
            5 - The backup will be an interesting selection. TBH, i was not at all impressed with Cam Talbot. If i could, i'd try to pick up someone from outside the organization on the cheap (maybe 2 guys and have them battle it out at camp...with the loser getting a chance to be waived or bring experience for the Phantoms goalie (hopefully Sandstrom).
            6 - I think Frost will start the season with the Phantoms. I do think Myers is a slam dunk to make the team out of camp. I hope Morin makes it just for his presence ON the ice. I also expect NAK to make the team out of camp (maybe even Rubstov).
            7 - Yes...the time has arrived for the Yanick Dupre Class Guy Award winner (the media are a bunch of idiots...they might be the reason for this piece of junk having lasted this long).
            8 - So right on this point. I think getting showing Jake the door will be part of the message. The whole team needs to use this season as a learning lesson on how NOT to play NHL games. Someone has to kick these guys hard in the butt to get them to show up for the start of the game and not take 40mins to start playing. That should never happen again. And when upper management is coming down on these guys (many who are still very young)...you might want to fire the entire coaching staff when bringing the message down. This team was rarely prepared to play and often showed a complete lack of understanding when it came to the importance of giveaways in your own and neutral zones. That is coaching and i think its time to completely overhaul the coaching staff (no one should be left).

Comment

Lynchmob, Blysma has ties and may be the choice if Q says no.

large article in the paper today about the need for an In Our Face leader in the room. Simmer filled that role, and that just isnt the type of leader G is, or ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                Darren Dreger
                Some believe an announcement in Florida introducing Quenneville as the next Panthers coach could happen as early as tomorrow.
                Philadelphia Flyers #1
                Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Dont get your hopes up too high this is Fletcher he is as boring as watching grass grow. If he hires Yeo or Bylsma and wastes cap space on Dale Weise type free agent signings the anger among the fan base thats not already apathetic will be off the charts. This summer will either set this team up for success the next 5 years or more mediocrity the next 5 years. In charge of the Flyers fate in Fletcher. Think about that. That is what scares me.
                  sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Kerr #12 View Post
                    Darren Dreger
                    Some believe an announcement in Florida introducing Quenneville as the next Panthers coach could happen as early as tomorrow.
                    How sad is that if he chooses Florida with its 5000 fans over the Flyers. This is how low this once proud franchise has sunk. How many top free agents are going to want to come to Philly now?
                    sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

Comment

Working...
                    X