X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dogzus
    started a topic The playoffs

The playoffs

What Columbus is doing to Tampa seems sort of noteworthy. Shades of '09-10 Flyers.

The Flyers put 13 goals in against the Lightning in three games. They lost all three, but that made me wonder just how dominant Tampa were really going to be against teams that had their act together. Now it's looking like they might just be an extreme case of what the Sharks have done year after year, rack up points in the regular season and then pfft.

They could come back, but 0-2 is not a good hole to be in.
    Last edited by dogzus; 04-12-2019, 09:47 PM.

• healthy scatch
    replied
    Exactly right, we can't want a guy traded, then be mad that he won a cup.

Leave a comment:

• irvdog
    replied
    Originally posted by healthy scatch View Post
    Everyone needs to settle down. You do realize that every cup winner , every year, has players that once played for other organizations. Ryan O'rielly, Shenn, Bozak, Bowmiester, many more. Let it go. Good trades happen, bad trades happen. Just because a player once wore orange and black doesn't make them the best ever. It sucks that we Flyers fans have not seen our team win a cup in way too long, but that doesn't mean we should root against every x-flyer for the rest of their careers.
    I laughed when I saw an article in MTL, noting ex Habs having post season success...bet that discussion happens in most passionate markets.

Leave a comment:

• healthy scatch
    replied
    Everyone needs to settle down. You do realize that every cup winner , every year, has players that once played for other organizations. Ryan O'rielly, Shenn, Bozak, Bowmiester, many more. Let it go. Good trades happen, bad trades happen. Just because a player once wore orange and black doesn't make them the best ever. It sucks that we Flyers fans have not seen our team win a cup in way too long, but that doesn't mean we should root against every x-flyer for the rest of their careers.

Leave a comment:

• swflyers8
    replied
    I am watching the replay of Game 7 and see Schenn and Berube. I've freaking had it. Chuck Fletcher needs to get this team ready to win a Cup. I want to hear a philosophy. I want to see the players embrace it. We are tired of seeing ex whoever from trainer to coach win a freaking Cup. Let's get this team ready to win.

Leave a comment:

• flyers19rw
    replied
    Originally posted by CLJ View Post
    I agree with you. I purposely didnít say clutch and grab or compare directly to the Devils as this was different than that. Last night they really slowed it down and it worked. I would just hate to see that for 82 games.
    Itís why I wanted the Bruins to win. I prefer up the tempo game where talent and skill wins.

Leave a comment:

• CLJ
    replied
    I agree with you. I purposely didnít say clutch and grab or compare directly to the Devils as this was different than that. Last night they really slowed it down and it worked. I would just hate to see that for 82 games.

Leave a comment:

• Hattrix
    replied
    CLJ, I must have watched a different series. I didn't see the Debbie's clutch and grab illegal holding style of play.

Leave a comment:

• CLJ
    replied
    While I thoroughly enjoyed the outcome of the game last night and the Blues winning, I sure hope the other teams do not copy cat what they did here. The clogging of zone / layers / dumping in etc was a flashback to 15+ years ago and would be so boring to watch again. It worked for them yet I hope that it doesnít become a trend again.

Leave a comment:

• lynchmob450
    replied
    Dog spelt backwards...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X