• toothless joe
    replied
    Still does!
    lots of work to be done.

Leave a comment:

• alxhj
    replied
    Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
    bobrovsky was the worst one. franchise goaltender prematurely traded for picks. we had multiple vezinas slip thru our fingers.
    I'm not so sure he would've won multiples here, our Defense sucked.

Leave a comment:

• clumsysnake
    replied
    bobrovsky was the worst one. franchise goaltender prematurely traded for picks. we had multiple vezinas slip thru our fingers.

Leave a comment:

• sswin08
    replied
    Originally posted by alxhj View Post

That's possible, but I think a lot of us are hungering for a physical presence, I think our last one was Rinaldo?
    Yes definitely need a physical presence here. I dont think the Flyers missed the boat on Maroon. But there is no doubt this team needs a physical, high energy player desperately. This is not just to succeed it is to keep us fans engaged. Let's face it this is not the Flyers roster we grew up loving. They are soft and lazy and primadonnas. The heart lacks on this team and while I will give Hextall (of all people) some credit for.freeing up cap space and drafting skilled players he absolutely sucked at hiring coaches and drafting high energy. Look at these playoffs..... all teams need these guys. Sadly our highest energy guy is undersized TK . Not cutting on TK at all. This team needs grit and needs accountability. Let's hope the new era has begun.

Leave a comment:

• alxhj
    replied
    Originally posted by dsl135 View Post

And that's fair, as you're speaking for yourself. In general, Flyers fans whine when guys are just a physical presence. They want everyone to be "like Lindros" and be physical but also contribute points. I honestly do not believe that fans would be happy with a Maroon type here. They would always want more from him.
    That's possible, but I think a lot of us are hungering for a physical presence, I think our last one was Rinaldo?

Leave a comment:

• dsl135
    replied

The thing about Maroon is, he's just what we need, and we've needed for a long time now. I'm not so concerned about points, we have guys who are supposed to be more skilled than him, who have about the same point production in that role. What he does have is a physical presence, that we've been severely lacking.
    And that's fair, as you're speaking for yourself. In general, Flyers fans whine when guys are just a physical presence. They want everyone to be "like Lindros" and be physical but also contribute points. I honestly do not believe that fans would be happy with a Maroon type here. They would always want more from him.

Leave a comment:

• alxhj
    replied
    Originally posted by dsl135 View Post

Anaheim and Edmonton also gave up on Maroon. And Berube... he's been an interim head coach again for the first time since we fired him. It's entirely possible that he improved, or it's entirely possible that he's been good in the short-term for a team that got hot. Way too early to say that we gave up on him too early.

Sure, the Sharp one stings. But every organization has these types of situations.

Maroon was a 6th round pick who scored 28 points this year. He has 5 points in 14 playoff games right now. I'm not sure he's such a huge miss. And that's where the Flyers fan whining about these types of things gets overboard. "Oh no, we gave up so soon on a 6th round pick who averages 37 points per 82 games in his NHL career."

As if people wouldn't be running this guy out of town if he was here now for "not doing enough."
    The thing about Maroon is, he's just what we need, and we've needed for a long time now. I'm not so concerned about points, we have guys who are supposed to be more skilled than him, who have about the same point production in that role. What he does have is a physical presence, that we've been severely lacking.

Leave a comment:

• dsl135
    replied

I think what's particularly frustrating is that guys like Sharp and Maroon were youngsters we had, and gave up on them; and maybe Berube isn't as bad of a coach as the organization thought. Just maybe upper mangement has missed the boat more than a few times, so a lot of us are rightfully angry.
    Anaheim and Edmonton also gave up on Maroon. And Berube... he's been an interim head coach again for the first time since we fired him. It's entirely possible that he improved, or it's entirely possible that he's been good in the short-term for a team that got hot. Way too early to say that we gave up on him too early.

Sure, the Sharp one stings. But every organization has these types of situations.

Maroon was a 6th round pick who scored 28 points this year. He has 5 points in 14 playoff games right now. I'm not sure he's such a huge miss. And that's where the Flyers fan whining about these types of things gets overboard. "Oh no, we gave up so soon on a 6th round pick who averages 37 points per 82 games in his NHL career."

As if people wouldn't be running this guy out of town if he was here now for "not doing enough."

Leave a comment:

• lynchmob450
    replied
    I'd think that the majority of teams have had players who got away and became solid NHLers without having been given a chance to succeed with the team that drafted them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X