Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alxhj View Post
    Glad to see Gordon returning to LV. I think he does well with youngsters.
    Agreed. Curious Rick Wilson wasn't retained. This does seem like a 100% pendulum swing from coaches who have had 0 NHL experience (Hak, Knob, etc) to coaches with years of experience. AV will have a big task himself of keeping all his coaches on the same page of his vision and making sure nobody overreaches on their assistance roles.

I imagine like many have said this might be related to ego management and cracking the whip on players who are not taking the season seriously (partying, ill prepared for games, conditioning). Hopefully the result is a more consistent team.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post

Agreed. Curious Rick Wilson wasn't retained. This does seem like a 100% pendulum swing from coaches who have had 0 NHL experience (Hak, Knob, etc) to coaches with years of experience. AV will have a big task himself of keeping all his coaches on the same page of his vision and making sure nobody overreaches on their assistance roles.

I imagine like many have said this might be related to ego management and cracking the whip on players who are not taking the season seriously (partying, ill prepared for games, conditioning). Hopefully the result is a more consistent team.
      I thought Wilson did a good job too, that is strange. I think the party is going to be over for some of our lazier players, and I think Fletcher is setting the tone right now. We needed a "My way, or the Highway" kind of coach for awhile now. I would not be surprised to see some players that all of us like, get moved.

Comment

I thought Wilson did a good job too, that is strange. I think the party is going to be over for some of our lazier players, and I think Fletcher is setting the tone right now. We needed a "My way, or the Highway" kind of coach for awhile now. I would not be surprised to see some players that all of us like, get moved.
        Good! Can't wait! This has to happen, cause right now, our team is not in the playoffs. Wholesale changes are needed. I think Fletch sees all of this.
        BTW, I heard Rick Wilson retired again. He is up in years, isn't he?
        Last edited by toothless joe; 05-06-2019, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post

Good! Can't wait! This has to happen, cause right now, our team in not in the playoffs. Wholesale changes are needed. I think Fletch sees all of this.
          BTW, I heard Rick Wilson retired again. He is up in years, isn't he?
          Agree, there were rumors that there was a bit of a split in the locker room last year. I remember Hagg late in the season, complaining about guys "playing just for themselves" and not others, and then there was Ghost supposedly having run ins with Gordon and the other coaches about "defensive responsibility". It sounds like there's some dysfunctionality going on, and I think Fletcher and his crew of coaches is going to address that one way or the other. Remember, Fletcher said the only "untouchable" on the team was Giroux. The stage is set, let's see who gets on board, and who doesn't.

Comment

Agree, there were rumors that there was a bit of a split in the locker room last year. I remember Hagg late in the season, complaining about guys "playing just for themselves" and not others, and then there was Ghost supposedly having run ins with Gordon and the other coaches about "defensive responsibility". It sounds like there's some dysfunctionality going on, and I think Fletcher and his crew of coaches is going to address that one way or the other. Remember, Fletcher said the only "untouchable" on the team was Giroux. The stage is set, let's see who gets on board, and who doesn't.
            I have a feeling Fletcher already knows and may make big moves, this summer. I am curious to find out what Vigneault's take is.

Comment

Makes you wonder what Simmond's role was in that split locker room...was he the glue or was he part of the problem? I remember also that Hakstol benched Ghost for a couple of games did he not..

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
                Makes you wonder what Simmond's role was in that split locker room...was he the glue or was he part of the problem? I remember also that Hakstol benched Ghost for a couple of games did he not..
                I may be wrong, but I think Simmonds and Giroux were probably part of the "Get your head out of your butts" faction, and some other guys didn't like that.

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think Simmonds and Giroux were probably part of the "Get your head out of your butts" faction, and some other guys didn't like that.
                  assuming you are correct, makes you wonder who was on which side...Hagg's comments seem to support G and Simmer's attitudes..Jake making comments about being traded, makes me wonder about him...Ghost seems like a punk, and probably is a punk and probably a big part of the problem

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post

assuming you are correct, makes you wonder who was on which side...Hagg's comments seem to support G and Simmer's attitudes..Jake making comments about being traded, makes me wonder about him...Ghost seems like a punk, and probably is a punk and probably a big part of the problem
                    Those two (Voracek and Ghost) are on my "players most likely to be traded" list. I don't think we're going to score Panarin in FA, although I'd love to, but I'm thinking we're going to get Duchene, and I have a feeling we might be in on Trouba. That would be a nice start, but I'd love to see us get Reaves, we need toughness. I wonder if Jake might get us Reaves and the rights to William Karlsson?

Comment

I'm ok with the Therrien signing. I just watched the video with him talking to P.K. Subban. Nothing wrong with pushing your players. I guess it becomes a problem if you push them and they don't see success. In P.K.'s case he said he went out and scored a goal on the next shift. My biggest problem is doing it while it was being taped and then it gets out and it publically humiliates the player. I think a lot of these Flyers need a swift kick in the butt and AV is running the show and Therrien plays the bad guy when needed, there is nothing wrong with that in my book. If I'm Jake, I'm nervous, because I'm going to hear about all those give aways and high risk passes. We'll see if ghost rises to the occassion or crumbles. But you're right, I would be sad to see those two go and bring in some fresh blood. Oh - and I'm 100% on board for getting this team some real snarl to compliment Gudas, Hartman and hopefully Morin.

Comment

Working...
                      X