No announcement yet.

Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In fairness. Addressed a big issue at centre position. Has lots of talent coming to fit a home-grown top 6-9 winger into the mix. Gotta get some time or space for the kids.

Comment

• And the ability to have a ratcliff/ frost / rubstov plug in and play gives us trade deadline cap space to add where the need is.

Comment

• The depth asset that the Flyers possess canít be ignored. Every season there are a couple of players that either donít perform up to expectations or get injured. For the first time in a long while, the Flyers can resolve either of those issues by bringing up someone as an in organization replacement. Not having to tolerate weak play by a substitute or overpaying for an outsider is a huge plus.
        "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

• I love the idea of placing a kid with highend skills in the 3RW spot (ie. Frost)...but I hope the Flyers get a PTO in to push the kids into making the team. My one fear with a PTO is that the coaching staff will feel more comfortable with the known than the unknown.

Comment

• The kids should push each other. You've got Frost, Farabee, Ratcliff, Rubstov and Vorobyev who all should be competing with each other for a spot and they can all be sent up and down at will.

Comment

• Philadelphia Flyers
              @NHLFlyers
              Longtime Philadelphia Flyers senior executive Paul Holmgren will take on a new role as Senior Advisor to Dave Scott, @ComcstSpectacor Chairman and CEO and Governor of the Philadelphia Flyers, and #Flyers General Manager Chuck Fletcher.
              Under the new leadership structure, Fletcher takes on the new title of President of Hockey Operations and General Manager for the Flyers, and now reports directly to Scott. http://bit.ly/2YNGvxZ
              Last edited by Tim Kerr #12; 07-11-2019, 12:49 PM.
              Philadelphia Flyers #1
              Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
              The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim Kerr #12 View Post
                Philadelphia Flyers
                @NHLFlyers
                Longtime Philadelphia Flyers senior executive Paul Holmgren will take on a new role as Senior Advisor to Dave Scott, @ComcstSpectacor Chairman and CEO and Governor of the Philadelphia Flyers, and #Flyers General Manager Chuck Fletcher.
                Under the new leadership structure, Fletcher takes on the new title of President of Hockey Operations and General Manager for the Flyers, and now reports directly to Scott. http://bit.ly/2YNGvxZ
                Yeah I had been hearing rumors that Holmgren was the next one to step down from his role as President. So no surprise here.

Comment

• Not a.surprise to have him removed from hockey ops.

Comment

• Yep, the Holmgren thing is no shock. I honestly don't think he was that involved with the day to day operations at this point anyway, but public perception was that he had his hands in everything. Sure he was the one who removed Hextall, but I don't believe that was just his decision. It was a combined upper management effort. This will be good from a publicity standpoint.
                    Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

• never had less confidence in management than i do now.

Comment

Working...
                      X