Assistant coaches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistant coaches

I thought this deserved it's own thread.

I am surprised they got Yeo on board. He could be a real asset. Therien, well, if he deflects his past anger, he is certainly experienced. Glad they kept the goalie coach. No surprise that Lappy was retained.

They went from a bunch of coaches with little NHL experience, to having 3 nhl past head coaches behind the bench.

It looks like the organizational scan resulted in a need for lots of oversight. It's a real unique play by Fletcher and AV adding these cats....it seems intentional and getting right after the core of the perceived issues that plague this club.
    Last edited by irvdog; 05-06-2019, 11:34 PM.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Therien but I like these additions. Flyers are showing they are serious about getting better now. I really think this offseason is gonna be very very interesting. Will they trade Ghost or Jake? They need to bring in grit guys who never stop skating.

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post
        I'm not a fan of Therien but I like these additions. Flyers are showing they are serious about getting better now. I really think this offseason is gonna be very very interesting. Will they trade Ghost or Jake? They need to bring in grit guys who never stop skating.
        Interesting. What does everyone think about our 4th line?
        A winning team needs a good 4th line. Look at the Bruins 4th line. They are hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post

Interesting. What does everyone think about our 4th line?
          A winning team needs a good 4th line. Look at the Bruins 4th line. They are hungry.
          I think the 4th line needs to be built with energy guys who can play physical and back check. I wouldnt say the Flyers dont have the personnel for a good 4th. Raffl, Hartman, and Laughton would be a nice 4th and one that can chip in some offense at times. I still would like to add some size on the 4th though.

Comment

Replace Raffle with Reaves; maybe move Raffle up to the 3rd/utility guy(13th man)?

Comment

Yeah or maybe even Twarinsky or AubKubel?

Comment

Is Radcliffe ready to make the jump?

Comment

I believe Ratcliffe is a 20yr old, so his next step is pro hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                    I believe Ratcliffe is a 20yr old, so his next step is pro hockey.
                    Let him and Frost build some chemistry in the A. Maybe a Frost, Farabee, Ratcliffe line until one of them is ready for the show!

Comment

Working...
                    X