Assistant coaches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post

Gotta think the same thing here. Therrien is a bit of a ****** but, he ainít the coach. Furthermore, your comment about the culture is spot on.
    Agree with you guys, there's something wrong when half the team shows up and works hard, but the other half thinks all they have to do is show up.

Comment

Originally posted by hellfish21 View Post
      Isnt Therien the guy who's penguins were struggling until they fired him and went on to win it all. (With a little help, of course)
      Yes but they were in the Cup finals the year before with him as head coach.

42 PIT NHL 51 14 29 8 36 .353 5th
      43 PIT NHL 82 47 24 11 105 .640 2nd 5 1 4 0 .200
      44 PIT NHL 82 47 27 8 102 .622 1st 20 14 6 .700 Eastern Conference Champions
      45 PIT NHL 57 27 25 5 59 .518 2nd

Comment

He's not the head coach. He's going to be taking direction from someone else. I think the angst about Therrien is a little much.

Comment

Everyone throughout the season and last few years: "This core needs a change, they have issues, there's something wrong with the culture."

Flyers hire coaches that bring a different culture: "Whoa whoa whoa, if they think that not coddling the young players is going to work, that's gonna be a problem. This is awful. Everything sucks!"

Comment

I think the core is alright, except for Voracek's times of laziness, but there clearly is a culture problem when some players don't decide to get motivated until the second and third period of games. I think that upper management has coddled some of the youngsters at times, and I think that irks some veterans who've paid their dues. I believe that's why Fletcher went all in on getting very experienced coaches behind the bench.

Comment

They play like they party.....A LOT.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
                They play like they party.....A LOT.
                If you saw Vigneaultís interview with D Dreger, you may see this ... ending!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post

If you saw Vigneaultís interview with D Dreger, you may see this ... ending!!!!
                  I god damn hope so. I don't know if this team has a partying issue, a focus issue or what but they need to be better game in game out.

Comment

Think about how often they start slow. What does your slow starts look like. Lack of rest. Full stop. These high performance guys are totally pro....G is a good on ice player...I highly doubt he is disciplined off the ice the way many captains of the league are.

Comment

This team has had this issue for soooo long now. Honestly it feels like it goes back to the days of Carter and Richard's. Not just slow starts but just a lack of give a damn until their backs are against the wall. Which is often to late.

Comment

Working...
                      X