No announcement yet.

Assistant coaches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right. Which is why making the players feel uncomfortable is probably a really good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
      Right. Which is why making the players feel uncomfortable is probably a really good idea.
      I am all for this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post
        This team has had this issue for soooo long now. Honestly it feels like it goes back to the days of Carter and Richard's. Not just slow starts but just a lack of give a damn until their backs are against the wall. Which is often to late.
        Yep it all started with the Dry Island era of Richards/Carter/Upshall/Hartnell etc partying on the Jersey shore ….only problem was they had a stash on the Island .The brief exception being when Pronger was around,rumour was he clashed with Richards and others over a lack of focus.
        Last edited by Cup4Recchi8; 05-17-2019, 01:43 PM.
        sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Cup4Recchi8 View Post

Yep it all started with the Dry Island era of Richards/Carter/Upshall/Hartnell etc partying on the Jersey shore ….only problem was they had a stash on the Island .The brief exception being when Pronger was around,rumour was he clashed with Richards and others over a lack of focus.
          Man this team desperately needs another Pronger type of guy. I absolutely loved when he was on this team. Between stealing the puck in the playoffs, waiting out Tampas trap and driving them insane, and his willingness to call guys out for garbage performances. Is there anyone even in the NHL that is like him anymore? One of my all time favorite players and I still believe if he was able to play out his career the Flyers would have won a cup.

Comment

Alas, Leon Stickle, Scott Steven's and that stick to the eye all cost us likely Cups.

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post

Man this team desperately needs another Pronger type of guy. I absolutely loved when he was on this team. Between stealing the puck in the playoffs, waiting out Tampas trap and driving them insane, and his willingness to call guys out for garbage performances. Is there anyone even in the NHL that is like him anymore? One of my all time favorite players and I still believe if he was able to play out his career the Flyers would have won a cup.
              I think that Duncan Keith would fall into the category that Pronger filled. He’s not as abrasive as CP was but he calls the shots in the locker room. Only one problem-he’s a Blackhawk and they’re not going to trade him. IMO, Keith is what Sanheim will become in a few years.
              "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post

I think that Duncan Keith would fall into the category that Pronger filled. He’s not as abrasive as CP was but he calls the shots in the locker room. Only one problem-he’s a Blackhawk and they’re not going to trade him. IMO, Keith is what Sanheim will become in a few years.
                There's a 6'9 guy in Boston like that

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post

There's a 6'9 guy in Boston like that
                  Yep and Boston resigned him for next year. Was kinda hoping the Flyers could take a chance and sign him as a ufa. Boston was to smart.

Comment

Working...
                  X