Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flyers acquire Kevin Hayes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flyers acquire Kevin Hayes

    For a fifth round pick in this years draft

    https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flye...rs/c-307687540

  • #2
    Its not about what they gave up which was minimal its about what they pay him. Hopefully no more than 5 to 6 million over 3 or 4 years maximum. After paying their RFA s that eats up mostbof their cap room with minimal improvement to the roster. Not the UFA splash we were hoping for with so many quality UFA and RFA s available. I guess this rules tje Flyers out of the Karlsson and Marner bidding now.
    sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Cup4Recchi8 View Post
      Its not about what they gave up which was minimal its about what they pay him. Hopefully no more than 5 to 6 million over 3 or 4 years maximum. After paying their RFA s that eats up mostbof their cap room with minimal improvement to the roster. Not the UFA splash we were hoping for with so many quality UFA and RFA s available. I guess this rules tje Flyers out of the Karlsson and Marner bidding now.
      He will get 6 to 7m easy. As a Ufa he would get that as well. We need to be realistic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cup4Recchi8 View Post
        Its not about what they gave up which was minimal its about what they pay him. Hopefully no more than 5 to 6 million over 3 or 4 years maximum. After paying their RFA s that eats up mostbof their cap room with minimal improvement to the roster. Not the UFA splash we were hoping for with so many quality UFA and RFA s available. I guess this rules tje Flyers out of the Karlsson and Marner bidding now.
        It doesnt rule a run at Karlsson or a UFA out at all? And is possibly solidifying what alot of teams want a 2c. Plenty of cap room for a run at a big contract. Your being pessimistic while they make a run at a legit 2c?

        Comment


        • #5
          I guess the question now is..what about Patrick? do they try him on the Wing with Hayes in the middle? or does Nolan anchor the third line now?

          it's a bit concerning that he might be a 3rd line Center potentially..I feel like a Nolan/Giroux line could possibly spark Patrick into becoming the player we drafted
          Last edited by flyerdog; 06-04-2019, 06:31 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            he's a 3rd line center who had one good year playing at a 2C level. signing him at 7m is a huge mistake. very fletcher-like move imo... instead of targeting a big gun overpays for a lesser player.

            Comment


            • #7
              $6M x 5 is my prediction

              Not sure thatÂ’s enough for him to sign before July 1

              Anything more than that in term is too
              Much

              Unfortunately the nature of free agency is that you overpay ...



              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
                he's a 3rd line center who had one good year playing at a 2C level. signing him at 7m is a huge mistake. very fletcher-like move imo... instead of targeting a big gun overpays for a lesser player.
                He's averaged 50 points a season the last 3 years. I don't know many 3rd liners that do that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post

                  He's averaged 50 points a season the last 3 years. I don't know many 3rd liners that do that.
                  because this year has pulled up the average. also, yes plenty of 3rd liners flirt with 50 pts (just not on our team).

                  17-32-49
                  25-19-44
                  19-36-55

                  more than that tho, his play driving numbers are average EXCEPT for this year, when they're great. i think he makes a lot of sense if you a) want to add some size down in the lineup b) don't want to block patrick from grabbing 2C c) still have a useful player at wing if both frost AND patrick hit d) dont want to take age risk later in his contract. I'm just mostly afraid of what he will cost... usually when a GM grabs a player before the deadline he intends to pay him the top of his UFA range.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Give me some 3rd liners that average 50 points per year. I'd like to see that.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X